King Keg: Mouldy Top Tap Part. Replacement Advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_302

Reaction score
In short, the simple question is:
I currently have this: King Keg - Float Set for Top Tap King Keg Pressure Barrel on OnBuy
Can I replace with this: Beer Float - For King Keg and Balliihoo Top Tap Pressure Barrel

The longer story is of a poor manufacturing defect in the current float system I have. In the link for "currently have this", the plastic piece on the left connects to the back of the king keg barrel tap. On the male part that the hose connects to, that plastic was manufactured with pockets of air in the middle. Those pockets filled with water and beer, and hence --- mould... Cannot be cleaned. If there are any King Keg reps in this forum -- take note...

IMG_20201121_175351.jpg

IMG_20201121_175404.jpg

IMG_20201121_175417.jpg

I used that type of float assembly with my King Kegs, both top and bottom tap versions. However, be aware that, with the top tap version, the black o-ring can leak after time and results in foam once the beer level drops below the tap. Eventually, I changed to Sparkler style taps as they have a better pouring action (IMO) and a more robust construction inside the barrel to connect the float hose. I also swapped the stiff PVC hose for thin wall (10x8) silicone hose.

Latest posts

Back