Late infection

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siarr19

Reaction score
Hi all. In Dec I brewed a Pilgrims Hope which, through my own stupidity (don't ask), I got infected; was like drinking pure TCP. I'd bottled that batch, incidentally. I recently did a Nelson's Revenge and put it in my PB. Tasted great until last 3rd of barrel when that familiar TCP taste crept back in. I'd given my FV (and bottles) a good oxy clean and starsan'ed both but it seems the infection had returned, albeit late on in the drinking of the batch ( it was delicious until then). I'm assuming it's survived in either the FV or my autosiphon. Can you advise on a heavy duty clean to banish this for once and for all; I'll be delighted if I never have have to suffer that foul, heartbreaking taste again.
Thanks in advance

Tcp taste is generally cause by either not de chlorinating the water from the beginning with a campden tablet or failing to rinse the fv of chlorine based cleaner fully.

I would suggest another deep clean with oxi or similar and a thorough rinse before a good rinse in starsan prior to your next brew

Back