Lavender & Rose petal Fizzy (champagne style)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelTheObnoxious

Reaction score
I'm 4 days into the brew on this:

30 Lavender heads
5 Rose heads (petals and stamens)
1.5k sugar
Champagne yeast
Boiled water

Usual rules apply with this!! I boiled the water and allowed it to cool to a little above comfortable to touch (40°c odd). I added the blossoms, sugar and yeast and left this to brew for three days... Have now racked off into second DJ to give a pleasant light pinky mix.

1HnDPc2_7KfH2CMbinOsaAc_-NeVDV273wHvXwdJ8w=w276-h207-p-no

So far (three days in) this tastes pleasantly floral, not at all overpowering as I anticipated it may be!

More to follow!!

This sounds right up my avenue, keep us updated and please post any pics if possible.

Sounds like a great recipe.

I have made some rose petal fizz

it is quite spicy at the moment, with a slight pepper taste that tickles the back of the throat

from what I read this should go after about 12 months and leave a Turkish Delight flavor

quite like the idea of lavender with the rose petal might give it a go next year

not sure that you have enough rose petal tho
the recipe I followed was using 6 pints of rose petals per gallon
I used 14 pints for 5 gallons
petals only, the hips are still on the bush for another brew :-)

Yeah... I'm off out over the weekend to forage all manner of berries and fruit... Problem with rosehips is the return you get compared to the energy expenditure and pain release!

so I have some images of the finished product.... I filtered and syphoned a single bottle off, to see the effects of filtering on the "fizzy" part of the Fizz; I'm hoping that the filtering won't affect the way it *should* condition in the bottle...

[spolier]
IMG_20130817_183636.jpg

c5Bqq05STez48oMlMSEyfkeWM_LGHM0YWd5ybAh2Dg=w276-h207-p-no
[/spoiler]

I know it is very young, and will need time to age...

but how does it taste ? you must have tried a bit :hmm:

Of course!! Its still MASSIVELY sweet... But also really nice. I anticipated that this would be quite overpowering with the lavender (I think the prep method I used, adding the flowers to a lower temperature that I would usually) helped with that; there's been no release of any oils from the flower which is a good thing.

Taste is fruitier than I'd imagined, not at all floral in fact! I foresee see a lot of good time fizzy fun!

Latest posts

Back