Lidl sparkling water 500ml bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeltz

Landlord.
Reaction score
I popped into Lidl and their sparkling water is 99P for 6 500ml bottles. That's significantly cheaper than buying empty PET bottles and also cheaper than buying 1L bottles of tonic or sparking water. (2L bottles are cheaper though)

Any reason not to use them?

Remind me V, :? , any idea how long have we got with clear bottles before we get skunked ?
Also, :? do I remember right, that hop pellets avoid this happening.?
S
P.S. Must admit, I love looking at a nice clear beer in bottle, very sad, but true. :lol:

Well skunking is something new to me, having done a brief search it seems to be hop related and Moley has raised a very valid question on several posts about whether kit beers suffer from it due to the way they are made.

So has anyone had a kit beer suffer from skunking?

I bottled a batch of coopers APA in tesco sparkling mineral water bottles and it didnt work out at all. I don't know for sure how much the bottles had to do with it but after 3 months the beer was totally flat and undrinkable. I only used them as an emergency measure as there was a postage mixup at christmas time which left me without a capper when it came to bottling.

It's a shame it didnt work out as i thought they would be a good option, think it ended up about £9 for 36 bottles and already pre-sterilised, bonus! :D

Back