List of Water Profiles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

.Peter.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use Brewfather but there are very few ‘inbuilt’ water profiles – an example being English beers where the only one listed is ‘English Ale’.
Is there a list of water profiles that list more specific beer groups e.g. from English Bitter (say London through to Burton Bitters), Milds, Scottish & Irish ales etc?

There are a limited number of target profiles but many more styles in the water calculator. The target profiles just list the mid point values for each style so if you want to make more targets you can base them on that.

I use Brewfather but there are very few ‘inbuilt’ water profiles – an example being English beers where the only one listed is ‘English Ale’.
Is there a list of water profiles that list more specific beer groups e.g. from English Bitter (say London through to Burton Bitters), Milds, Scottish & Irish ales etc?
I think John Palmer nails it. It is your choice what you want the forward flavour to be. I like the malt in the mouth but a distinct hop flavour for the finish. I like the hop flavour at the back of the tongue to last for at least one hour. Personal choice, that is mine.
52-minute mark or thereabouts.

Latest posts

Back