low calorie wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebell

Reaction score
Having seen that there are several low calorie wines on the market and as I am trying to shed a bit of weight I wondered about making say a WOW with less or no extra sugar, I appreciate that it would not be as strong but what else would it change? Has anyone tried it?

If you didn't add any sugar at all you would only have around 250g Sugar and in a 1 gallon
Batch that would only ferment to around 3%.....

Make normal WOW and join a gym and do 30 mins training a night or cut calories from your food intake.

Alcohol is, in a very real sense, a hacked-about version of sugar.
"low calorie" and "wine" don't make sense together, to my mind.
It's an oxymoron.

You could always ...make a normal wow !!! And then to reduce the calories by half ...

well I just wonderd if it was a bit of a money making thing - which I think it is. Also I did think that it may be a bit like making TC, may give it a try just for the hell of it.

And guys I do work out its just that I like frinking more :drink: :drunk:

I've seen that stuff. However the cynic in me is inclined to believe that they aren't LOW calorie, they are simply LOWER than other wines. They may not actually be significantly lower than other wines since most wines don't tend to put calorie info on their bottles iirc.

Back