Lunch atop a skyscraper.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is this picture real. I seen some debate on it. I would be physically sick if I was up that high. Holding on like a cat crying my eye's out

1622289135985.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean is it a trick of the eye. You see ones online hanging of a rock that looks hundreds of feet of the ground. Reality is they could let go and land 4 feet down.

I mean is it a trick of the eye. You see ones online hanging of a rock that looks hundreds of feet of the ground. Reality is they could let go and land 4 feet down.

We discussed this at length a few months ago but having searched i cannot find the thread. aheadbutt

This doesn't prove the picture is fake or not but its worth watching.

Last edited:
I think it's probably true to say that it was staged rather than faked. Published statistics state that five workers died during the construction of the Empire State Building. Contrast that against the 6,500 and counting that have died building the world cup venues in Qatar, some ninety years later. What does that tell you about attitudes to Health and Safety on the two projects.

I don't think it's as much 'Health & Safety' attitudes as it is the lack of common sense of individuals who live taking/making higher risks for either bravado or laziness. Not to mention the "I'm to good to have an accident" attitudes of many people.

One group of workers were experts, who worked 'high steel' all over the country / world, the other were largely common labourers.

Latest posts

Back