making trophy bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trophybitter

Reaction score
afternoon fella's.can anyone remember trophy bitter made by whitbread,i used to love this drink and wondering if i could make a brew exactly the same ??.it was a ruby coloured bitter with a disticnt sweet taste.any ideas how i could make this beer or near enough the same.cheers lads

there is an all grain recipe in Dave Lines book 'brewing beers like those you buy' but i don't think we can publish it on here with it being in a book.

its been done before .. GW's recipes r always on here and its not like they are being republished for profit .. or could just pm :thumb:

In the 60s and 70s Whitbread had several brewers around the country all making a trophy bitter and from my memory all different. The one around this area I think came from either the London or Luton brewers and was awful. But I remember drinking one from the Cheltenham and one from one of their northern brewers that was fairly decent.

Latest posts

Back