Mallinsons Brewery, Huddersfield

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franklin

Landlord.
Reaction score
Tara at Mallinsons started homebrewing with Extract and hop experiments making 1 Gallon at a time...

Check out my blog post of Todays visit :) **************************/2011/10/21/m ... dersfield/

That looks great mate...looks well worth a visit
I like the look of that blonde :clap:

I added an extra paragraph more earlier.

Tara and Elaine started life as school teachers, Before starting the brewery Tara was experimenting with small homebrew batches making beer with Malt Extract & Hops before doing a 3-4 day Brewlab course and a Mossbrew course, then the first brew was done with David Porter… after that they were in at the deep end! Doing 2 brews per week was all that one person could manage with sales / racking and deliveries, during this time Elaine was still working in her old job to help pay Tara a wage while the business found its feet. I think they’ve found their feet now and the all girl team is now three strong with Elaine now brewing too (When Tara is not around!).
They now brew four times per week to keep up to demand, a success story from Homebrewer to well respected commercial Microbrewery.

Their Citra is gorgeous. Never used that hop before - great aroma and flavour. Anybody got a good recipe for that particular Mallinsons' brew - please? Couldn't see anything on Franklin's otherwise excellent blog (that's also well worth a visit, btw, if you haven't dropped by already. Lots of good reading and great ideas i.e. pinched them for my own 100l brewery - like the copper cooler formers --- thanks :thumb:

Latest posts

Back