March Brew and Swap and beyond.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve just opened a 330ml bottle of my impy and it was a bottle bomb so I’m going to send out the ones I put in pet bottles, hopefully it won’t affect it to much. But just be careful when opening them.

I've put together a quick poll for next year for all who are interested. It's basically all the styles mentioned in the thread already, and a Yes/No on whether we do a slow burner or not. Hopefully the link works, and I can retrieve the results 🤞

Choose up to 4 styles for the first question as we're swapping up to 4 beers, and 1 or 2 slow burners if you're up for one of those too.

https://forms.gle/mMZYxmKL11aAhNwYA

All done!

8 people have responded already. I'll post the results and a propose a plan tomorrow evening in case there's any stragglers out there who might swing the final plan.

Attachments

• 1698001650605.png
    1698001650605.png
    58.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1698001667430.png
    1698001667430.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 0
There have been no additional responses to the survey so looks like we have a plan that includes a slow burner. I'll propose planning a summer swap up front next year as there was a lot of enthusiasm for it this year. So, my outline plan will be swapping the last weekend of each month as follows, we can narrow the styles nearer the time.

Feb:- Scottish Ale
May:- Black IPA
August:- Pseudo-lager
November:- American Brown Ale and Bierre De Garde

I went with a pseudo-lager for the 'bonus' swap over Burton Ale as it provided a bit of contrast to the other beers.
Also, I just realised that I hadn't included foraged ingredients as an option.
Feel free to let your approval/displeasure known, the August swap can be tweaked to suit the majority.

There have been no additional responses to the survey so looks like we have a plan that includes a slow burner. I'll propose planning a summer swap up front next year as there was a lot of enthusiasm for it this year. So, my outline plan will be swapping the last weekend of each month as follows, we can narrow the styles nearer the time.

Feb:- Scottish Ale
May:- Black IPA
August:- Pseudo-lager
November:- American Brown Ale and Bierre De Garde

I went with a pseudo-lager for the 'bonus' swap over Burton Ale as it provided a bit of contrast to the other beers.
Also, I just realised that I hadn't included foraged ingredients as an option.
Feel free to let your approval/displeasure known, the August swap can be tweaked to suit the majority.

Does August have to be pseudo or can it be regular? 😊

Will have a go at all of them I guess with the possible exception of the slow burner. 😅

Does August have to be pseudo or can it be regular? 😊

Will have a go at all of them I guess with the possible exception of the slow burner. 😅

Lager fared badly in last years poll, I think that temp controlled fermentation is a barrier for a lot of people, especially if we’re doing that one in the summer.
Happy to take comments from others on that too!

Lager fared badly in last years poll, I think that temp controlled fermentation is a barrier for a lot of people, especially if we’re doing that one in the summer.
Happy to take comments from others on that too!

Aw that's a shame, although doing it under pressure would help with that if the brewer has access to that.

I've vowed never to make a kveik lager again, my last one was disgusting 😂🤢

Lager is the only style I like in that list but I'm willing to make them all so I can learn something new 😁

Aw that's a shame, although doing it under pressure would help with that if the brewer has access to that.

I've vowed never to make a kveik lager again, my last one was disgusting 😂🤢

Lager is the only style I like in that list but I'm willing to make them all so I can learn something new 😁

How about broadening the lager option to be pseudo or non-pseudo ?

Imperial’s shipping tomorrow. As a minor warning I have stuck to my original plan and brewed parti gyle and sent both beers. The small beer was very palatable and all drunk a long time ago except these 3 bottles that will be a mystery until one of you opens one.

@Tess Tickle's Brewery @Twostage
We keep the style choice narrow so everyone is comparing like with like, based on the views of the masses at the last survey.
But as this is a pre-emptive bonus swap I don't see why not. We had enough people brewing bitters and wits last summer to get a swap going amongst each group.

@Tess Tickle's Brewery @Twostage
We keep the style choice narrow so everyone is comparing like with like, based on the views of the masses at the last survey.
But as this is a pre-emptive bonus swap I don't see why not. We had enough people brewing bitters and wits last summer to get a swap going amongst each group.

Great thanks Alastair. So just to clarify, any style of lager is ok?

Latest posts

Back