March Brew and Swap and beyond.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Tess Tickle's Brewery
We'll pick a lager style for the lager brewers so everyone is roughly on the same page, any suggestions? Likewise, the pseudo-lager brewers can decide what they want to brew nearer the time.
And yes, your bang on with the Scottish styles expect we'll brewing either Scottish Light or Heavy (aka 60/- or 70/-) but that'll be decided nearer the time.

@Tess Tickle's Brewery
We'll pick a lager style for the lager brewers so everyone is roughly on the same page, any suggestions? Likewise, the pseudo-lager brewers can decide what they want to brew nearer the time.
And yes, your bang on with the Scottish styles expect we'll brewing either Scottish Light or Heavy (aka 60/- or 70/-) but that'll be decided nearer the time.

Ok that's great thanks Alastair. What do you think to a helles for the lager? Still haven't tried it so it'll be a first for me. I do a good vienna lager though. I don't mind at all honestly which one we go for - there's so much choice. As a half-way house, I guess kolsch would be a good option as you originally put in your survey.

Last edited:
Also, for the Scottish one, would I be right in thinking it's this kind of thing? The top three obviously. I've not come across those before. Sorry to be thick 😂

View attachment 91201
Yes, I was expecting it was these styles. I don't really recognise the names, but I expect it is easy l what used to be called 60/70/80 shilling. Though I think that the industry has moved away from those names at they might be considered old fashioned. I know that Caledonian changed the name of its flagship 80 shilling to something else a few years ago. 🤷‍♂️

Yes, I was expecting it was these styles. I don't really recognise the names, but I expect it is easy l what used to be called 60/70/80 shilling. Though I think that the industry has moved away from those names at they might be considered old fashioned. I know that Caledonian changed the name of its flagship 80 shilling to something else a few years ago. 🤷‍♂️

The husband pointed out the McEwans Export the other day in the supermarket, and for the life of me I didn't know why he was showing me it. Now I realise! I'm a bit of a ding sometimes! I think the export is my preferred style out of the three, but just noticed higher up that the choices are between light and heavy. Why can't I read lol

I've never heard of the shilling thing, is it a generation thing do you think?

Edit: just re-read your comment - yes then lol

Last edited:
IMG_2204.jpeg

Safe arrival today thank you! I’ve been meaning to ask what kind of pen that is as I’d assumed chalk but it stays on better than chalk.

Latest posts

Back