me first TC mixed fruit!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCheekyMonkey

Reaction score
well decided to give one a go.

5 litre demijohn

added 1.5 litres of asda smart price apple jiuce (0.79p for 1.5 litre)
1 litre of blueberry and cranberry juice
1 litre of don simon pressed (cloudy) strawberry, pear, cranberry and blueberry juice)

300 grams of sugar (try it and see)

1 full packet of youngs cider yeast

gave it 24 hours and have now topped up with another litre of apple juice

smelt delicious and tasted fab as well not extremely sweet either.

anyway, it hasnt viciously bubbled, but a nice constant ferment.

i dissolved the sugar in a pan of boiling juice and added this to the mix, then waited 10 mins for everything to cool, then popped the yeast in , gave a shake and have left.

will post a picture when i can.

Please don't call this 'cider' this is Tramp Juice.

Hope you enjoy it.

the majority of its apple juice, so i`ll stick with coider!

anyway heres a piccy, its started bubbly nicely now.

31072009036.jpg

31072009037.jpg

left is me alcotec moonshine kit, middle me mixed fruit TC and right is the pinot grigio (however you spell it)

Sorry, whatever is in it, the purple concoction has nothing to do with cider, lets agree and call it 'wine', I prefer calling it 'tramp juice' but no way is that cider!

If you do not concurr, simply bring some to a west country pub for evaluation......

trunky said:
Sorry, whatever is in it, the purple concoction has nothing to do with cider, lets agree and call it 'wine', I prefer calling it 'tramp juice' but no way is that cider!

If you do not concurr, simply bring some to a west country pub for evaluation......

lol i`m not gonna argue with you over calling something a name, i`m simply saying that the majority of the juice in there is apple.

i had koppabarg cider the other day, mixed fruit, said cider on the bottle, tasted like no cider i have ever tasted before.

anyway , call it whatever you like, it makes no difference to me! :drink:

well i finally got impatient, have cleared it naturally , only a tad of sediment in the bottles now, and it tastes bloody great, wine or cider what ever you want to call it , i love it, hated the commercial wine , loved this, it does taste more of a wine :)

turned out at 8% and didnt back sweete either!!!!

have just started another.

this time

2 litres blueberry tescos juice
2 litres white grape juice (again tescos)

500 grams sugar ( i know alot lol, bit of an accident)

teaspoon of youngs yeast
teaspoon of youngs yeast nutrient

SG = 1092

will see how it goes lol!!

opened a couple of bottle tonight , and there sparkling, which is great, makes it taste even better.

funny story, my brother had a taste last week, anyway he liked it, asked for a bottle, so i obliged, put it in the boot of his car and forgot about it till today..........................whats that smell? all over his boot and the rest of the stuff he heh!!! bottle popped!!

Back