Mick Dundee’s Brewdays

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I’ve bitten off more than I can chew attempting a double brewday, prepping an Indian meal for 6 and cleaning the house (as well as taking my daughter to, and collecting her from, school) so I’m not going to brew the Common today.

APA is going well, down to 26C so after I’ve stopped for a coffee I’ll transfer it to FV.

I think I’ve bitten off more than I can chew attempting a double brewday, prepping an Indian meal for 6 and cleaning the house (as well as taking my daughter to, and collecting her from, school) so I’m not going to brew the Common today.

APA is going well, down to 26C so after I’ve stopped for a coffee I’ll transfer it to FV.
I'm impressed that you even contemplated doing it all athumb..

Join the Club of those who think that they can put a quart into a pint-pot! :tongue: :tongue:

As you get older (and hopefully wiser) you will start to realise that brewing, food preparation and kids can take up a lot more time than that available.

The good news is that the kids grow up and leave home after about 18 years! (If they don't then make them pay for what they eat and drink and they will soon lose heart and go!)

You then have a couple of years during which time you can run away to a place so far away that they can't foist their own kids on you!

Cynical? Moi?? Of course!

Enjoy! clapa clapa

I fancy copying the cali common, what yeast do you use?
The first 2 I used the MJ one, V3 I used CML and think I preferred the CML one. I’ve got 2 sachets of it for when I get round to doing the Common (couldn’t be bothered last night after my first full week in my new job).

I dry hopped the APA this afternoon - it’s going to be a hop bomb I think. Loads of aroma before adding the 125g dry hop!

39 bottles of APA bottled tonight. Still not brewed my steam beer, but it’s in an airtight container so should be ok for another couple of weeks.

Finally brewing my steam beer tonight.

Through the wonders of my new job giving me flexi-time, I left at 4:30 and had the mash on by 5:45. Took my daughter to her football class then came back and brought the boiler to the boil during tea when we got home. Just about to do stories and bed and hopefully it’ll be 10min addition/protofloc/chiller time when I get down the stairs. I reckon I’ll be tidied by 9:30!

Edit - in case anyone can’t be arsed trawling back to page one, recipe as follows:
30% pilsner, 20% pale, 40% Vienna and 10% Crystal. 44IBUs from northern brewer hops spread across the boil (60, 10 and 5) and a handful of Hallertau Tradition (I didn’t weigh it) at flameout for a little bit of a lagery aroma. 5.4% target ABV

Last edited:
Forgot to update on this one last night.

Somehow managed to use far too much sparse water so fell 4 points short of target, otherwise brew day went perfectly.

It’s bubbling away at 16C today.

Did my Corona Virus survival beer today - “Splendid Isolation” blonde ale. It’s not my first brew since September - I think I must have used my BrewDevil thread to record my last brew day.

3.75kg pilsner malt
400g flaked maize

15g citra 10mins
35g citra flame out

SG was 1.043 so 70% efficiency on my second BrewDevil brew.

Next brew will be a Vienna Lager which I’m going to call “Party of Five” given Austria’s crackdown on gatherings of more than 5 people. Not sure if I’ll do that tomorrow or next week.

Latest posts

Back