Mildly concerned about my quality

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JR_

Reaction score
Hello all,
This is my first time posting anything on here so be gentle!

So I have had this in Primary for 2 weeks at around 22°C
And then (according to instructions)
I moved it to a keg at room temp 20°C ish for another week
Now it does say I still have another week left for it to clear
BUT I am a little worried about this kind of alcohol taste to it
Like almost more like wine than beer, not a lot of the hoppy aromas and such coming through

Should I be worried?

Thanks everyone

It's called Evil Dog Double IPA
I checked on the hydrometer that it had finished fermenting and such
But I'm pretty new to this so Not sure if I have done something wrong or it just needs more time

Hi, I've made Evil Dog a while back, and it has got that fruity taste with upfront hot alcohol notes to it for the first few weeks. It need a loong time to condition, but if you give it time, it will mellow out into a lovely pint. As far as I can remember it needed about 5-6 weeks in bottles to stabilize. I added hops 2 days before bottling and it was pretty hoppy out of the bottle.

Ahhh thank you so much! :)
I'm glad to know it just needs more time!
I used to brew some ciders but that was 10 years ago so I have been out of the game a while

What kind of temperatures were you keeping the beer at for conditioning?
I've read a lot of good reasons for both cold conditioning and room temp

After carbonating (i always give 3 weeks at room temps) I try to get it as cold as possible to condition. 12c or lower is ideal in my experience, but 2 weeks in the fridge seems to give me as good results as a few months at a coldish room temp

Latest posts

Back