MJ M84 Bohemian Lager: Slow or stuck?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I brewed a Vienna lager on 22/11. I mashed at 67C on my Brewzilla, which in reality is closer to 65C.

OG was 1.052, I pitched 2 packets of yeast (Brewfather suggested 3) and fermented at 12C. I tested it a week later and it was 1.021 so I bumped the temperature up to 14C for a diacetyl rest and to finish off.

I tested it again yesterday and the gravity was still 1.021 and still smelled sulphury. So I have given the fermentor a good swirl to try to get it going again.

Does anyone have any experience with this yeast please? Do I have an issue or is a very slow finish par for the course?

This is my first lager, I know two weeks primary is often quoted but all my ales have finished in a week or less. I’m itching to free up my ferm fridge so I can get some pale ales on the go for Christmas.

Maybe your mash temperature was too high, common issue with brewzillas. I'd suggest to taste it, if it's not overwhelmingly sweet I'd cold crash it and drink it.

Latest posts

Back