More CO2 questions

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so thanks to yourselves with amazing replies /advice I have now found a supplier for my co2, could I have advice on what size bottle I should/could use? Atm I only have a pressure fermenter which I want to use but will be stepping up to corny kegs at some point

I use this size gas bottle, 6.35kg last one lasted well over a year
IMG_1577.jpeg

To be honest I don't think it matters too much what size cylinder you use, but if you're eventually looking at kegging in Cornies then I'd personally suggest that a "full size" (6.35kg) one is going to make the most sense over the long term.
The 6.35kg cylinders are about 850mm tall which is unlikely to fit inside your fridge for pressure fermenting, but that needn't be a problem because it's dead easy to feed the gas in through the drain hole in 3/16" tubing. To be honest it's probably more convenient and flexible to have the cylinder outside the fridge anyhow (important safety note: make sure you chain it to something solid to stop it falling over - a smashed regulator is not a good thing to experience).

If you don't fancy a 6.35kg cylinder then the other sizes typically available are a 'half size' (3.15kg / 500mm) or 'quarter size' (1.5kg / 450mm) but, as you'd expect, these come at a bit of a premium.

The Adams Gas website has some decent info on sizes:

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 14.08.09.png

To be honest I don't think it matters too much what size cylinder you use, but if you're eventually looking at kegging in Cornies then I'd personally suggest that a "full size" (6.35kg) one is going to make the most sense over the long term.
The 6.35kg cylinders are about 850mm tall which is unlikely to fit inside your fridge for pressure fermenting, but that needn't be a problem because it's dead easy to feed the gas in through the drain hole in 3/16" tubing. To be honest it's probably more convenient and flexible to have the cylinder outside the fridge anyhow (important safety note: make sure you chain it to something solid to stop it falling over - a smashed regulator is not a good thing to experience).

If you don't fancy a 6.35kg cylinder then the other sizes typically available are a 'half size' (3.15kg / 500mm) or 'quarter size' (1.5kg / 450mm) but, as you'd expect, these come at a bit of a premium.

View attachment 85478
A

View attachment 85478
Any idea what litre size these are as that is the only price list my local Adam’s has???

Attachments

• A7DFEE7F-B8CE-451A-AA25-F5471D7373E6.png
    A7DFEE7F-B8CE-451A-AA25-F5471D7373E6.png
    267.8 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back