Morgan's Blue Mountain Lager...?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Seer

Reaction score
Just about to get this one in the fermenter.

Any good....? Anything like any of the other kits?

I had mine over Christmas both in bottles and in the cornie. I loved it but must say the bottles were better due to high carbonation levels. I'm still struggling to get my cornie carbonation levels correct but of all the lager variants I've tried this has to be one of the best. My BIL (brother in law) has had a Mountains conditioning since September and i'll let you know how that taste's when I get some mine was all gone after a month.....

jackmorgan said:
I had mine over Christmas both in bottles and in the cornie. I loved it but must say the bottles were better due to high carbonation levels. I'm still struggling to get my cornie carbonation levels correct but of all the lager variants I've tried this has to be one of the best. My BIL (brother in law) has had a Mountains conditioning since September and i'll let you know how that taste's when I get some mine was all gone after a month.....

Takes a while for the taste to improve?

Tried a bottle of the Blue Mountain Lager. Only been in bottles about two weeks.

Certainly requires time to improve. Nothing to write home about so far, tastes like a regular lager kit currently.

The Seer said:

I thought I had it bad :grin: you seem to be permanently manufacturing Monsieur Seer :clap:

How does your drinking keep up? Or are you just creating a massive stock of conditioned beverages for your own bar?

I'm trying to do things sneakily so the mrs doesnt think i have a problem :mrgreen:

I have also decided to bottle so much more of my brews now - they are easier to hide :rofl:

I think for me, most of the fun is in the making or creating of it - the drinking is an extra bonus.. A bit like going out rabbit shooting.. the thrill is whether you will get a shot or not and if you return with something for the pot its more worthwhile :party: but you will have still had a nice time out in the countryside :cheers:

chiefstoker said:
The Seer said:

I thought I had it bad :grin: you seem to be permanently manufacturing Monsieur Seer :clap:

How does your drinking keep up? Or are you just creating a massive stock of conditioned beverages for your own bar?

I'm trying to do things sneakily so the mrs doesnt think i have a problem :mrgreen:

I have also decided to bottle so much more of my brews now - they are easier to hide :rofl:

I think for me, most of the fun is in the making or creating of it - the drinking is an extra bonus.. A bit like going out rabbit shooting.. the thrill is whether you will get a shot or not and if you return with something for the pot its more worthwhile :party: but you will have still had a nice time out in the countryside :cheers:

For me the key is never to stop brewing, always have something in the fermenter. I generally consume a fair amount through the week, friends help to clear the bottles and barrels also! :|

I made the mistake around Christmas/early January of leave the fermenter empty for a few weeks. Certainly a mistake. :nono: You're right I am constantly producing right now due to being left with nothing matured. :x

So yes, I've began drinking stuff which isn't ready due to lack of supply. I've six barrels and 160 bottles...ALL MUST be filled, and they're not currently! :?

;) Eventually I'll be able to slow down with fermenting and have a nice turn over of matured beverages. It also means that I'll have a bitter,stout,lager,cider,porter,cerveza,belgium etc ready to drink at ANY time! :clap:

I used to brew back in the mid '90's. Things weren't quite as advanced as they are now, but not far off. I started simply to save money, I didn't really have a taste for ale back then. I do now and have done foe some years.

I returned to homebrewing back in summer, again the idea was to save money, but yes I do enjoy the process of making it like youreself. Can't beat that feeling of drinking a pint for 35-50p. :D

Not impressed.I shant be buying another Blue Mountain Lager kit.
To much of that "homebrewy" taste to it.
Not even cold storage/maturation made any difference.

Back