MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS.....Can you play one?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldstout

Landlord.
Reaction score
Let's see who is musical, or not, on here :lol:

Roll up, roll up!! :party:

Show us, tell us, youtube us or otherwise let us know of your musical prowess :cool:

Solo, duo, trio, band (saw The Goatreich in action in another thread :cool: ) tread the boards in Gilbert and Sullivan or just have a go at the local karaoke? Bedroom guitarist or Arena superstar - who's out there we should know about?

What you got?

;)

i was in a heavy metal band 20 years ago (holy sh*t how long ago :shock: ) Bass player , i still play but for myself

Piano, reasonably well. Guitar, not great, mostly strumming, and I can pick a tune out of a mandolin. For own enjoyment only, nothing anywhere near performance standard, preferably even with wife & kids out of earshot.

Just picked up the electric guitar last year.

Into Heavy rock from the Classic Years . . . but really having some fun with Blues . . . lot of improv.

And no, there is no performance artist in me :D

I Served for 22 years in the Band of HM Royal Marines ( I/c corps of drums).
I also play guitar (electric and acoustic), Piano & keyboards. I'm Currently enjoying putting songs together on my IPad with GarageBand.
I also enjoy playing Gary moore's the Loner guitar solo through my Fender Squire guitar using my Amplug & IPod shuffle playing the backing track

Dogman

dogman said:
I also play guitar (electric and acoustic), Piano & keyboards. I'm Currently enjoying putting songs together on my IPad with GarageBand.
I also enjoy playing Gary moore's the Loner guitar solo through my Fender Squire guitar using my Amplug & IPod shuffle playing the backing track

Dogman

Were you at Raleigh ?

I've bee
RobWalker said:
I can pick up most things enough to bodge a recording out of them as and when required...in terms of actually play, I can play piano and guitar both to a pretty low but respectable standard, and used to play drums in school.

As for music, I spend most of my spare time around it.

Here's some of my new stuff...

http://soundcloud.com/strifeii/protaras-piano-solo-free
http://www.moas.co.uk/store/releases/fo ... s-zip-file

I've been into dance and trance all my days bud and Protaras seriously needs to be used commercially. It is absolutely stunning and so deep mate, fantastic work. Reminds me so much of Chicane, you could easily have told me it was the hook for their next track and I would have believed you..... not to mention eagerly awaited its release.

johnnyboy1965 said:
dogman said:

Dogman

Were you at Raleigh ?
Way back in the 80's it was known as Band of HM Royal Marines Flag Officer Plymouth. I was there for about 5 yrs
Regards dogman

I learnt the Alto Saxophone at secondary.
Was in the school jazz/brass band, then sixth form wind orchestra, Worcester Youth Orchestra, and a local jazz blues school band called The Saratoga Syncopators, by which time I'd bought a baritone sax. Played in the students union music soc band at uni (95-98), but haven't played much since. Was probably at about grade 5 standard.

pittsy said:
My hat off to you Dogman , i have high regards to anyone in the service :thumb:
Many thanks for the kind comment. I was also a Royal Marines Commando, but didn't enjoy it, so transferred back to the band service. Lol

dogman said:
pittsy said:
Many thanks for the kind comment. I was also a Royal Marines Commando, but didn't enjoy it, so transferred back to the band service. Lol

I was a Killick Chef in Ajax Galley mid-late 80`s. I probably know you, we used to spend some time with the Bandsmen (sports/social).
Can you remember a small, Scottish Bandman, who was a absolutley raving alchy, he left and still lived in Torpoint.
I also used to do all the functions/BBQ s for the band

RobWalker said:
I can pick up most things enough to bodge a recording out of them as and when required...in terms of actually play, I can play piano and guitar both to a pretty low but respectable standard, and used to play drums in school.

As for music, I spend most of my spare time around it.

Here's some of my new stuff...

http://soundcloud.com/strifeii/protaras-piano-solo-free
http://www.moas.co.uk/store/releases/fo ... s-zip-file

Protaras :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: WOW :cool: :cool: :cool:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I read your inspiration and could picture an underwater landscape - this piece would sit anywhere in some of David Attenboroughs work, well done mate :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Meant to say - played clarinet to grade 5 back in '76-78, progressed to alto sax. Guitar from 10 years old, just have an acoustic at home and some basses....

;)

johnnyboy1965 said:
dogman said:
pittsy said:

I was a Killick Chef in Ajax Galley mid-late 80`s. I probably know you, we used to spend some time with the Bandsmen (sports/social).
Can you remember a small, Scottish Bandman, who was a absolutley raving alchy, he left and still lived in Torpoint.
I also used to do all the functions/BBQ s for the band
There was a clarinet player called Pat Patterson. Didn't turn up for work one morning, so opened his cabin door to find him dead on his bed with a whiskey bottle by his side.... Very sad.
Not sure of the person you mean but would know if a name was mentioned, as I was at Raleigh around that period.

Back