My new bar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trucker5685

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just got my latest addition finished and I'm well chuffed with it although I can't claim to have made it myself :whistle:
The pumps are just for decoration atm, not sure which road I'm gonna go down in relation to kegging, but the lights are wired up and working.
But most importantly, the fridge is full! :drink:

That looks great, fantastic bit of joinery there. :thumb: :thumb:

Though why have you put a St*lla, John Sm*ths and Bulm*rs taps on it :wha: :wha:

The last thing I would want associated with my beer. :whistle: :whistle:

Thanks guys, the guy who made it has done a cracking job and I think the oak is much better than the softwood it was originally planned for.

I'm thinking about getting into cornys in the next few months

graysalchemy said:
That looks great, fantastic bit of joinery there. :thumb: :thumb:

Though why have you put a St*lla, John Sm*ths and Bulm*rs taps on it :wha: :wha:

The last thing I would want associated with my beer. :whistle: :whistle:

I got the pumps off eBay awhile back just for decorative purposes but it's only in the last few weeks I've been thinking of kegs, maybe an inline chiller or converting the fridge (in the background)

A fridge would probably be the easiest way forward.Are you looking at hand pulls or are you going to stay with taps?

Hand pulls look fantastic on a bar and give a really nice feel/condition to your beer. I prefer my beer out of a handpull even if it is coming from a keg.

I use Sankey kegs like these as they seal at really low pressures which is what you need if dispensing from a keg with a handpull, alternatively you could use a polypin with a hanpull but the beer doesn't keep so long so you have to drink it quicker. No real hardship.

http://shop.crusaderkegsandcasks.com/20 ... -143-p.asp

What equipment would I be looking at then gents?

(Dummies guide to draught brews would be helpful :lol: )

I've only ever bottled my brews up till now

Cannot help you on the hand pull but I'll post up a few links later.

Mostly depends on your budget really. How much spends have you got?

syqy7are.jpg
tapequ2e.jpg
tarugeru.jpg
u8avata8.jpg

This is how I do it but I wouldn't use a flash chiller for your set up. Just put the kegs in a modded fridge.

300 pounds will set you up well.

I haven't got a budget as such just yet as it's in the thinking/planning stage. £300 wouldn't be a problem though.

Your set up looks cool :clap: how much did that lot set you back?

That looks the dogs doodaa's...

Wondering if there's anywhere in my kitchen that I could put an undercounter fridge!

Trucker5685 said:
I haven't got a budget as such just yet as it's in the thinking/planning stage. £300 wouldn't be a problem though.

Your set up looks cool :clap: how much did that lot set you back?

Maxi 210 chiller 150
4 kegs 40 each
Font and taps 150
Regs 70 each
Pipe fittings and bits. 50.

To add to the mix, I have a couple of hand pulls (beer engines) for low carbed beers and a couple of fonts/taps for higher carbed beers such as APA's that you can't put through a beer engine (unless you like a pint of foam) :lol:

You could always use a polypin with a handpull and a couple of kegs with the taps you have.

I don't see the issue with the branded taps, the Stella one is rather nice looking

That bar looks fantastic!

As above, I also like that stella tap, looks a bit art deco to me.
Nice job.

:cheers:

chrig said:
You could always use a polypin with a handpull and a couple of kegs with the taps you have.

I don't see the issue with the branded taps, the Stella one is rather nice looking

They look ok but the you cannot beat a Perlick IMO.

Back