my poor old cat and vets

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tazuk

Landlord.
Reaction score
he had to go to the vets to have his eye removed the old git he 14 now :( £489:08 he back at home now

1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

Awwwwww...

I never flinch at vets bills.

Pets are family.

The end.

Me to I would sell my right leg and the wife to pay for the dog.

Hope you cat gets better soon. :thumb: :thumb:

he got to go back friday for to have a look then 10 days to take patch of his eye so he got to keep bucket on his head all that time

also i forgot to to when he came in saturday at 17;20 all vets was closed so we had to go the rspca :shock: £120 just look at him when we walk out the door we was £177;20 lighter inc meds :shock:
but the worst of it was when he went to vets monday so he could be boked in vets said wot :shock: is he taking norocarp for do not give him any more they was for dogs for cats was noroclav so he had to have blood test (£60;00) done to make sure his liver was ok
so we are now filing for a full refund of £177;20 +£60;00 beacuse rspca fuckeddd up

Hope he gets better soon.

As already said animals are just part of the family, my brother had an £1800 bill for his dog last week after an op she had to have.

Essex_Lad said:
my brother had an £1800 bill for his dog last week after an op she had to have.

Roughly the same price we paid to save this ones life:

http://photography.calumscott.me.uk/gallery2/main.php/v/categories/fauna/DSC_7288+copy.jpg.html

She had to be treated in intensive care at the Bristol Uni Training Hospital somewhere south of Bristol. When she was taken there all they said was "Of course we'll do our very best. Do prepare yourself for all outcomes though..." Just a nice way of saying "less than 50/50 at first glance..."

They were awesome, it cost us lots, she pulled through and was, after a couple of months, back to her mental self.

One thing is VERY different though.

I get all preachy about dogs and sticks.

NEVER, EVER, EVER THROW STICKS FOR DOGS.

It just takes a snag in grass, or in our case an end stuck in mud, and the other end is straight through the back of the dog's throat. Lucy hit her stick at such pace that the pointy end went through the back of her throat, missed jugular and carotid by millimeters and finished up in her shoulder.

She was as good as dead. Amazing people did amazing things. She's still here. She is and we are very very lucky to still have her. Four or five vets have subsequently told us that this is not uncommon at all, one vet even admitted that they'd had exactly the same injury with one of their own dogs.

DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER THROW STICKS FOR DOGS.

Strange how you can pay for a cat or a dog and then they become priceless!
Hope the lite lady gets better for you sooner rather than later.
We have spent 3 or 4 grand over the last few years on our dogs and they are worth every penny!

Hope he gets well soon. Never nice when pets are not well, possible worse than blood relatives :hmm:

Hope the moggy gets better :!:

I've always been an advocate of insurance, our last dog got a lot of (expensive :!: ) treatment, we just paid the insurance premium which was a few quid each month, a £40 excess on the first consultation, after that it was brilliant, all surgery/medication was included :thumb:

Certainly worth thinking about anyone getting a new pet :idea:

All he needs now is a parrot on his shoulder... ;)
Our cat (who looks a lot like a young version of yours tazuk) got mowed down the other weekend.
When I phoned the vet they said 'It's Sunday so it's emergencies only' ...I said 'this is an emergency' to which she replied 'It will be more expensive!' ..........so!? Anyway after some drugs and lots of rest he's getting back to normal :)

calumscott said:
DO NOT EVER, EVER, EVER THROW STICKS FOR DOGS.

so true

my staffie impaled herself on a stick I threw for her and she had to have stitches in her throat - horrible day that was :(

as for that poor cat - looks sooooo sorry for itself - I hope he feels better soon

I hope your cat gets better soon, just after Christmas someone shot my cat with an air rifle in the face. It's cost me a fortune as I didn't have any insurance, luckily ive been able to hammer the overtime. The kids were devistated though.

sorry to hear poor thing :cry: i dont have any pets (sort of) but i do feed 8 strays the poor things starve if i dont , hope he gets better soon

we started with 2 cats of our own we got 4 or is it 5 now and feed about 2 strays we have got loads of strays re home through cat patroll these are like cat protection :thumb:

pittsy said:
sorry to hear poor thing :cry: i dont have any pets (sort of) but i do feed 8 strays the poor things starve if i dont , hope he gets better soon

these 1's are feral there grandmother was thrown out about 8 years ago and had kittens by a stray tom and since then they are all wild (gran cat died ) , bloody people who can't be bothered it pisses me off , ive tried to get rspca to sort it and cat protection and both aren't interested and say bring em in and i say i cant catch em the're wild they say oh , end of conversation , waste of time so i just feed em else they go really scraggy and thin , i live in a town ish area so nothing for them to catch etc

I pity you having to live with a cat in a collar for a week! Ours make sure that if they are uncomfortable everyone knows :eek:

Poor old puss! I hope he makes a speedy recovery. After our old cat died recently ( she was 18 1/2) I have been helping out a bit at a cat rescue centre. Thay have a very low opinion of the RSPCA who they consider to be a complete waste of space. I have had dealings with the RSPCA a couple of times in the past, and from my experiences I agree. Good luck with the collar!

doyley said:
Poor old puss! I hope he makes a speedy recovery. After our old cat died recently ( she was 18 1/2) I have been helping out a bit at a cat rescue centre. Thay have a very low opinion of the RSPCA who they consider to be a complete waste of space. I have had dealings with the RSPCA a couple of times in the past, and from my experiences I agree. Good luck with the collar!

Re: RSPCA bit of a long story but not much going on at work at the moment.……. Fishing a couple of years ago there was a swan on the lake with what seemed to have a broken wing. Now fishing this lake most weekends I knew he was not a regular as the usual pair never let another bird on the lake, they kept chasing him around but as he couldn’t take off he was getting a right battering from the other male swan.

Now not thinking things through and just trying to do the right thing at the time we decided to go about catching this injured swan which didn’t turn out to be that hard. So with Mr Swan now in landing net flapping around I grabbed him by the neck and put him in a carry-all bag with a zip down the middle with his head sticking out (I knew watching Rolf Harris on Animal Hospital would pay off at some point in my life), he then calmed right down and seemed to be happy.

At this point I then made the call to the RSPCA, thinking they would turn up and take him off our hands (it was 10 miles down the road)…..how wrong could we be!!! To put it bluntly they didn’t want to know. After explaining to them about the situation they gave me the number of two Swan rescue centres with the closest being located not far from Ipswich (70 miles away from the lake I was fishing).

Phoning them up they said it was a little too far for them to travel as they were short on staff and could I bring him to them, so off I went to this rescue centre with a swan in the carry-all bag on the front seat of my car. I did get some strange looks sitting at traffic lights and driving up the A12 as he was more than happy just looking out of the window.

That day of events and my 140 mile round trip went down well that evening with the other lads on the lake and we had a good laugh about it. I kept in contact with the rescue centre as we all wanted to know how he was getting on, turns out that one morning not long before they planned to release him he just upped sticks and flew off on his own while on their pond, last seen heading towards Essex the lady told me………..stupid swan!

I understand that the RSPCA must be busy but I have spoken to a few people who have said the same thing as you doyley and even witnessed it first hand.

I rescued a baby seagull in the middle of London a few years ago - rand the rsbcb and they had no interest so I googled the nearest vet and went in with a cardboard box stuffed full of gull chick ... the conversation went like this

"here's a present for you .... bye!!!"

I left quickly lol

Latest posts

Back