Naming your brewery/winery etc?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Druss

Mead Magician
Reaction score
I've seen a few examples around here of people naming their brewing ventures i.e. 'Effinbrewery' (Aleman) & 'The House of Badger' (Narmour), I just wondered if this is a really common thing to do? I'm struggling to come up with an interesting name, so far I have 'Bob's Brewhouse' (Bob being my middle, and most used, name and the 'brewhouse' is the shed in which I do all my brewing) but that doesn't really sound great.

Anyone else named their breweries?

I have, even though it's just for fun since I don't actually brew for anything other than for a fun hobby.
Mine is the Megaton Brewery, named after a city in the computer game Fallout 3: all of my beers have Fallout-themed names.

Mines PD's Brewery for some reason...
Its all just a bit of fun, ( better than saying I'm off out to the shed or garage )
But I got a nice little sign made and it look's quite nice on the wall behind the pots.

It's overkill to call it a "brewery", but when SWMBO and I were looking at places to buy, the one we settled on had a cellar. You can't stand up in it, so we ended up referring to it as "the bunker". Hence - The Bunker Brewery.

I can't actually brew in there, but from my biased point of view, it's a lovely little hole - brew fridge, supplies of hops & grain, and about 200 bottles of homebrew :)

There's a little Victorian cast-iron "window" for ventilation, which because I'm sad enough to create my own logo, ended up being the centrepiece for my labels:

qslbl.JPG

When I first started brewing, we lived on Summer Creek Road. It sounded like a proper brewery name so I went with it. My sister-in-law is a graphic artist so she designed this logo for me.

SummerCreek_F_zpse09ec50d.jpg

I'd love to see what graphic she would come up with for my brewery Barry.... :D :D

piddledribble said:
I'd love to see what graphic she would come up with for my brewery Barry.... :D :D

I don't think I'd want to! She's got a warped sense of humor though so we might be surprised :lol:

Mine is only in the spare room but going to have to think of a name

My brewery has been moved by the wife to the spare bathroom, Maybe I should call it 'The crapper' :sick:

Maffa said:
My brewery has been moved by the wife to the spare bathroom, Maybe I should call it 'The crapper' :sick:

For those familiar with Navy slang, I guess that makes you The Head Brewer? (sorry)

Mrs M has christened my venture "Le Petit Hérisson Brasserie"

Mine's about as imaginative as PD's.

Moley's Brewery / Winery / Boozery.

That last bit isn't original either, I've nicked it off someone else but can't remember who to credit.

My wine labels are labelled as 'Fat Cat' as I have a fat cat getting in the way most of the time, then with a 'suitable' name for whatevers in it

Beer is generally kegged so nothing fancy there other than a post it note stuck to said keg :D

Mine is called Amylase as I needed an actual trading name for all my brewery work and it seemed like a good idea. Before that it was 'Darceys' as that's nice and simple.

It is known as the 'Man Cave' with in the house as its in the cellar there is: brewery, darts, tv, pc, draught beer and surround sound. (its not as professional as it sounds!!).

D

Having a sign made is an interesting idea, probably wouldn't go down well with swmbo though, she's t-total so homebrewing is a source of great evil as far as she's concerned :thumb: lol

get her ****** one night...she'll thank you.... :D

my condolences to you

I named mine Woodland Brewery as I have a woodland at the bottom of the garden and I'm into nature (note not naturism) the outdoors and errr beer :grin:

I'm also going to try and name my AG brews with a woodland/outdoors/animal theme to fit, or maybe I won't.

It's all just a bit of fun.

Back