NEIPA HELP

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunners1

Reaction score
So I had the best AG brew day I’ve had and built a mash tun especially, all went well! Pitched the yeast and fermentation was done in a week, then I tried it before dry hopping.
I have a smoky taste, I can’t pinpoint where I’ve gone wrong but I am gutted. I have read about phenolic flavours but I don’t think it’s a bad taste it’s tolerable.any ideas see pic of recipe etc

Attachments

• ECB58572-4429-4363-BA5C-EE16B92D91B1.jpeg
    ECB58572-4429-4363-BA5C-EE16B92D91B1.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 84
Peco boiler is always a bit dark on the element is this an issue with them?

Peco boiler is always a bit dark on the element is this an issue with them?

I have a Peco and destroyed one of my beers by not stirs when the wort is ramping up to a boil. Now I stir continuously until the boil starts. No scorching and no burnt flavours.

I stirred it in slowly, the recipe was from brewersfriend

I wonder if some of the dextrose might have hit the element before it had full dissolved and burnt?
Whenever I add sucrose or dextrose during the boil I put it into a separate bowl and draw a pint or so of the wort into it from the tap during the last 15 mins of the boil, stir it until it’s fully dissolved then gently pour it back into the Peco. This ensures it’s fully dissolved and sanitised and also sanitises the whole of the inside of the tap.

I wonder if some of the dextrose might have hit the element before it had full dissolved and burnt?
Whenever I add sucrose or dextrose during the boil I put it into a separate bowl and draw a pint or so of the wort into it from the tap during the last 15 mins of the boil, stir it until it’s fully dissolved then gently pour it back into the Peco. This ensures it’s fully dissolved and sanitised and also sanitises the whole of the inside of the tap.

great idea and I now feel stupid haha got a stout to do next

Latest posts

Back