Nelsons Revenge Carbination

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx4100

Regular.
Reaction score
Had the Nelsons in the bottle for three weeks now and thought I would crack one up and see how it was doing.

It tasted good :) only problem is the level of carbination. The beer Was nicely carbonated enough to enjoy but could do with a little but more and the head was just a bit of white floating around the top. I wouldn't call it a head really....

Just wondering if there is still time for the carbination level to improve?

I use the coopers drop things so I don't think I under primed them.

RobWalker said:
where are they kept? warm temps will help the carbonation. it takes a month to get well absorbed into the beer and decent lacing...

They where kept at 20c for a week in my fridge and then two weeks under the stairs at between 10 to 15c...

I've just finished drinking a batch of Nelsons that i bottled, i only used 1/2 teaspoon of sugar per bottle to prime and it was too fizzy for me. Not used the drops before though
As Rob said your temps are ok, i'd give them another couple of weeks

:cheers:

Another week and no improvement.... Humph... Will try again next week...

Just to clarify; the bottles were kept in the fridge prior to being carbonated? If so that would explain the lack of C02. It might be possible to gradually warm them up and get the yeast active again, but it sounds like you may have shocked the yeast.

artiums_enteri said:
Just to clarify; the bottles were kept in the fridge prior to being carbonated? If so that would explain the lack of C02. It might be possible to gradually warm them up and get the yeast active again, but it sounds like you may have shocked the yeast.

Kept in a "brew" fridge at 20c... Not a normal fridge...

Converted fridge with heater and temp contol unit...

Just like to add...

The beer was very cloudy and looking at the other bottles they are as well... I take it this is another sign that they aren't quite ready yet ?

What sort of temp are you storing it at? The warmer it is the longer it'll take to clear

eggman said:
What sort of temp are you storing it at? The warmer it is the longer it'll take to clear

It ranges from 10c to 15c... Usually 10c at night and 15c during the day....

Back