Nelsons revenge yeast & pressure?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning all.
I have a Nelsons Revenge on the shelf ready to get going. The yeast sachet just says '69' on the packs - does anyone know what it is, and what temp I should be aiming the brew fridge at?
I'm planning to brew under about 10psi pressure in the All Rounder, then into a corny.

Throw that yeast away and buy a Nottingham style yeast like CML Midland or Gervin from Wilco. Then ferment at 19C.

I brewed one recently with the supplied yeast. Worked great and I brewed it at 20 c with an Inkbird Keeping the temp.
drinking a pint right now, it’s tasty and got some punch.

Morning all.
I have a Nelsons Revenge on the shelf ready to get going. The yeast sachet just says '69' on the packs - does anyone know what it is, and what temp I should be aiming the brew fridge at?
I'm planning to brew under about 10psi pressure in the All Rounder, then into a corny.
Had to look up what Nelsons Revenge was, thought it was a South African type lager. Appears it is a bitter, so according to that set your temperature at the advised yeast temperature, and set your pressure at 15 PSI when the yeast has taken the wort to a couple of degrees above the final gravity. That will kick start your carbonation when kegging.
Don't think I have a good South African beer yet, may be different now with all the craft breweries over there.

Latest posts

Back