New here: need help with home bar setup??

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo205

Reaction score
Hi all!!

I am very new to the brewing world since moving last year and finding our 6 apple trees were booming with apples and decided we had to try our hand at cider making.

A few brewing buckets and a home made wooden apple press completed the cider was ready and I have to admit it's pretty good!

Anyway, since then, I decided to turn a small outbuilding into a bar.

I have now got Carling on tap (sorry!) and Hogans cider all setup up on a CO2 setup.

It's been working fine through a 2 product beer cooler for about a month but now the carling has started coming through with loads of bubbles and I can't work out why??

Please help?

(a) Welcome to the forum
(b) We're currently having a few problems so sensible answers to your question may be a while coming. I'm afraid it's not an area I have any expertise in myself

Hi Jo
I'm new to the site too and haven't been brewing for long but have been in the hospitality industry for a number of years working in pubs, restaurants and hotels so might be able to help.
Not sure if I'm stating the obvious here but have you cleaned the lines?
Lager lines need flushing through with line cleaner followed by about 10 litres of water or until a litmus paper shows it is neutral, about every 7 or 8 days or the beer will fob terribly. This sounds like the problem you are having but if you have cleaned them recently then it could be that the gas pressure is too high, you could try turning this down or there is sometimes a flow regulator just before the pump that can be adjusted to slow down the beer coming out, if this is set too fast it will fob too much.
Hope this helps but let me know if none of this works and I will try to help.
Alex

Hi Jo
I'm new to the site too and haven't been brewing for long but have been in the hospitality industry for a number of years working in pubs, restaurants and hotels so might be able to help.
Not sure if I'm stating the obvious here but have you cleaned the lines?
Lager lines need flushing through with line cleaner followed by about 10 litres of water or until a litmus paper shows it is neutral, about every 7 or 8 days or the beer will fob terribly. This sounds like the problem you are having but if you have cleaned them recently then it could be that the gas pressure is too high, you could try turning this down or there is sometimes a flow regulator just before the pump that can be adjusted to slow down the beer coming out, if this is set too fast it will fob too much.
Hope this helps but let me know if none of this works and I will try to help.
Alex

Hi,welcome to the forum
anim_32.gif

Forgot to say another common problem that causes excessive fobbing is if the beer is too warm. Is the cooler working properly and full of water?

Latest posts

Back