New kegging setup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_8

new to beer brewing
Reaction score
I just got delivery of a starter keg system from the malt miller and have to connect the grey and black push on connectors to the gas and beer tubing, do the threaded parts screw on and seal ok without threadseal

Attachments

• 20210422_175206.jpg
    20210422_175206.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 46
I didn't use any PTFE tape on mine (they don't leak) but have read on here that others do. However with a little digging I found that the thread on the push fit connectors will be FFL and on the disconnect MFL. What does that mean to me you ask, well here's a handy explanation: What does FFL / MFL mean? What is MFL / FFL thread?

So no tape or sealant needed.

I don’t as I didn’t really know what ptfe tape was until I had a leaky regulator recently and someone one here suggested it. I’ve now taken to putting it on most things so next time I clean my disconnects, I may well do, although I’ve not had any leaks on these type to date.

I called malt miller today to ask about the screwed connections on the push fit gas and beer fittings, they said no need to use ptfe tape hand tight then a tighten up with a spanner he said it should not leak, we will see

The male fitting has a plastic end which seals, no need for PTFE tape

They should not require PTFE. The flared ends are compression fittings. If you overtighten you could damage the plastic thread so as @Alastair70 says just nip them up gently with a spanner. If they still leak then your disconnect might be poorly made - I've never heard of the quality CMB brand disconnects leaking.

Back