New kid in the classroom

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lozwaldicus

Reaction score
Hello all, my name is Loz and I find myself here because of a growing addiction to all things beer. Having said this I have never brewed a drop in my life and can only consider myself a seasoned critic who just enjoys a good pint of real ale. Has a lifetime resident of Tamworth Staffordshire, I would say I have grown up in a traditional brewing heartland being close to Burton-on-Trent and many now (sadly) extinct Midlands brewers. Thank goodness for the army of microbrewers that for the most part are producing some really great beer. I have been thinking about brewing beer at home for a few years now and I am finally embarking on this adventure with the imminent arrival of some equipment to start me off with malt extract brewing. I was tempted to go straight in with all grain but thought it would be sensible to see what quality I can achieve with extract first. So I have had my head stuck in books and the minefield of information (too much!) that is the internet and, armed with a copy of Graham Wheelers 'Brew your own British Real Ale' I am busy looking for ingredients to make my first brew. There is so much choice and I am trying to keep it simple. You never know where this exciting new journey will take me, hopefully into 40 bottles of drinkable beer and not down the sink! Wish me luck, Cheers! :mrgreen:

Welcome Loz , it sounds like you are doing all the right things , reading reading and more reading is the way forward , have a look on this site for the 'how to ' section on the starting page , very useful . Brewing is easy but until you've had a go it sounds very complicated but like all things often easy once you know how . I think you are also right to do extract first as it prepares for all grain without it being a bit too much etc , cheers , mark.

Latest posts

Back