New member from Cambs (UK)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fromgothtoboss

Reaction score
Hi all,

New member here! In fact not only am I a new member, I'm actually brand new to home brewing entirely (although I'm a keen fermenter of foods and non-alcoholic beverages)

I had recently planned to go and do a brew day with my best pal who has been doing BIAB for years. The plan was I buy the ingredients, he supplies the equipment and storage and jobs a good'un! I bought the ingredients a month or so ago for a NEIPA and... well, as you know, travelling 40 miles down the road to brew beer just isn't an option anymore.

So I'm now looking into getting the equipment and just having a go at a small batch BIAB session myself. This forum comes up in almost every search I do and has been invaluable, so I figured I'd become a member. Don't worry I'll do plenty of searching before asking any questions that may have been asked 1000x already, but thought I'd say hello rather than lurking in the shadows! Despite being trapped indoors and being relatively clueless, I can't wait to start getting stuck in, It's been something I've always wanted to try but have never made the jump so I think it's going to be a fun journey.

Anyway, have a good weekend all! Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom.

I'd recommend you get a basic book on home brewing and give it a good read so as to understand the basics and the various routes through the process. Greg Hughes is a good start and has plenty of well designed recipes. A second hand copy of any edition from Amazon is just as good as a brand new one.

Welcome to the forum.

Back