New Member I have a vine – now what?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canvick

Reaction score
Hi one and all
Last year my wife and I moved into our new home which contains in the garden a vine housed under a glass cover, I understand that its about 70 years old.
Prior to moving house we knew nothing about growing grapes or home wine making.
Despite some very confusing reading containing often contradictory “advice” the vine, with I doubt any valued assistance from me, produced grapes. They are black grapes and in August I squeezed just over 100 bunches that has subsequently yielded 4 gallons of pink liquid, which in a couple of weeks I propose to transfer into a couple of “Vinotainers” .
I have now discovered The HomeBrew it’s a shame that I didn’t earlier this year. I am now looking forward to spending these winter months reading through the forum and finding out what I should have done with this year’s grapes so that assuming next year grapes are produced I will have a better understanding of what I should be doing.

Looking forward to a productive 2014 and beyond

Welcome :cheers: There are few who grow their own grapes on here, so plenty of folk to ask questions. I make wine, but not from my own grapes. Good luck with you harvest and I hope it turns out okay.

Latest posts

Back