New Member says Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bopeep

Reaction score
Hello fellow home brewers. I am in my late eighties and have been brewing my own beer for over 25 years. For some years now I have been doing it the easy way - using canned beer kits. I use 3 King Keg top tap barrels so always have a month old brew. Two are over 20 years old and still going strong.
Two queries - is there an easy way to replace the pressure release rubber on the top valve ?
And - has anyone tried using plumbers leak finding spray can ?

Hello and welcome! Sorry don't use or own any kegs so can't help you there...I'm sure someone else will be able to though :)

Hello and welcome , i had a little look on above link , i have king kegs what you want are the little rubbers , if you have a local home brew store they often sell them , here is a site that does and there only £1.63 (i think ) http://www.shop4homebrew.co.uk/index1.html, as for the plumbers spray not sure if it will corrode the rubber but you could try a little washing up liquid with water , if leaking pressure it should bubble :thumb:

Back