New tap and keg installation

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you order the beer line cutter? Much cleaner cuts than other tools and pretty cheap.
I do have one of these and yes clean cuts but I reckon not as exact as you can get with a fresh Stanley blade. My approach is to cut once to almost where I need but often the shape of the tube means the cut isn't as perpendicular to the tube as I'd like so will cut a couple of mm off with a Stanley knife to get it just right.... me fussy....never 😜 .

I too have used a Stanley knife blade for all of the cuts to about 70 duotight push fit connectors in keg fridge and other beer lines etc.
Pushing straight down in one go does make the end slightly oblique but if you cut part way and roll the tube before completing or trim as @DocAnna all seems fine.
I have found that spanner pretty hopeless, doesn't fit regulators, does help with tap shanks but not great on the duotight to MFL and doesn't help at all on the caps on the new plastic with integrated duotight fittings.
Beware I had one gas one of these leaking from new, no improvement with tighten or loosen lube and tighten. Only fix was an Oring.

Latest posts

Back