Newbie from Wales!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommos76

Reaction score
Hi all I've just started to dip my toe into brewing and have gone straight into all grain using a grain father setup! Made about 4 brews since starting using measured out kits and I have to say that they have turned out well. I'm just in the process of completing a brewing room in my dads shed complete with fermentation chamber. I have loads of questions to ask to progress in this fine art so looking forward to so e constructive input.

Will add some pics shortly when i work out how to upload from my phone lol

Thanks
Martin

Welcome to the forum Martin. :thumba:

There is an "upload file" button in the bottom right corner. wink...

Moving from introductions to the equipment forum so it'll get more views.

Last edited:
Finally Sorted!
my first question I'm trying to find out if there is a way i can install a spunding valve on my mangrove jacks stainless steel fermenter and/or do a closed transfer to my corny keg after fermentation is complete?

hope you like my project

Attachments

• IMG_20190222_142439.jpg
    IMG_20190222_142439.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20190222_165751.jpg
    IMG_20190222_165751.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_20190222_165825.jpg
    IMG_20190222_165825.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_20190322_180608.jpg
    IMG_20190322_180608.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20190326_143159.jpg
    IMG_20190326_143159.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_20190326_143206.jpg
    IMG_20190326_143206.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 132
Welcome on board Tommos, I’m from Cardiff and work in Llansamlet.

A very nice brewshed coming together there, quite a step for your first few brews.

All the best.

Thanks petrolhead it means a lot. Pvt_ak due to my work commitments In the past I e never had the opportunity to have a past time Hence investing on this bit of kit joint shares with my dad and what a hobby it's turned out to be .

Thanks petrolhead it means a lot. Pvt_ak due to my work commitments In the past I e never had the opportunity to have a past time Hence investing on this bit of kit joint shares with my dad and what a hobby it's turned out to be .
Best hobby ever.

Welcome! Any favourite recipes already?

Welcome to the forum, your set up is looking fantastic, I wish I had the room for this kind of investment. All the very best with your brewing hobby!

Finally Sorted!
my first question I'm trying to find out if there is a way i can install a spunding valve on my mangrove jacks stainless steel fermenter and/or do a closed transfer to my corny keg after fermentation is complete?

hope you like my project
Your dad's got a very nice shed!

Gerrit T we have made a few mosaic ipa,s which is going down well. I've also made a kolsh but I didn't get the fermentation quite right and it turned out cloudy, that's before when it was set up temporarily at my house . Thanks all for your welcoming comments and An, I'm lucky that my mother gave the go ahead to use their shed

Hi all I've just started to dip my toe into brewing and have gone straight into all grain using a grain father setup! Made about 4 brews since starting using measured out kits and I have to say that they have turned out well. I'm just in the process of completing a brewing room in my dads shed complete with fermentation chamber. I have loads of questions to ask to progress in this fine art so looking forward to so e constructive input.

Thanks
Martin

Welcome to the forum from Gowerton.

Can't compete with that cool brewing setup - 2 plastic fv's and a tin pot for poor 'ol me asad.

Some set up. I dream about sorting my garage out as a brew shed. In the mean time I drive the wife nuts with brewing in the kitchen ( loads of steam) and fermenting in the bedroomclapa
True love :p

Some set up. I dream about sorting my garage out as a brew shed. In the mean time I drive the wife nuts with brewing in the kitchen ( loads of steam) and fermenting in the bedroomclapa
True love :p
That's how I did the first 4 brews but as I've got 2 kids under 4 it wasn't safe to do so lucky my dad came to the rescue. Been busy sorting out the plumbing and sealing up fermentation chamber today so hopefully get it finished by the weekend to get a brew on.

Back