Newbie in Edinburgh with Homebrew kit for Christmas

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening Gents, I have just stumbled in here, after looking for advice on how best to make my first brew :thumb:

I am in Edinburgh, and have been really enjoying Stewart brewing's beers (http://www.stewartbrewing.co.uk), and I've had an interest in brewing my own beer for a wee while.

I have a Cooper's English Bitter kit, a pressure barrel, Plastic bucket, air lock, syphone tube, mixing paddle, sanitiser etc.

I also happen to have 2 empty (an another to be emptied soon :drink: ) 5 litre "easy kegs" which I have washed out, and retrieved the bungs for ;)

I will put up a wee post when I do my brewing, but I've picked up a few tips from here already :cheers:

Jamie

Hey welcome to the forum

I'm also pretty new to brewing but i'm also from Edinburgh and if you go and speak to the guy who runs the homebrew shop which is just off Bruntsfield place, he is a decent source of info for getting started. Well he was for me anyway. Also a good place to get supplies if you need it that day rather than waiting for internet supplies to arrive.

Latest posts

Back