The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davekh1969

Reaction score
Hi all , hope you’re all well, thought I’d introduce myself as I’m new to this site,
I’ve been brewing for about a year now with a brewzilla style system 30l , all grain ipas , many good brews and a few mishaps along the way , anyway I’m loving brewing so much I’ve decided to build a 3 pot all electric system , 50ltr hlt with herms , 40ltr thermo pot and a 50ltr boil kettle , any advice welcome

Hi and welcome to the forum. That's a big step up to a three vessel system and wondering why not just step up to a larger all in one as there is less footprint, cleaning, fannying about with less to wrong with a lot less to worry about.
There are quite a lot who have built these and they will go deep into your wallet.
I've done similar myself with a 30l Burco, 52l mashtun and a 20l boiler with which I added a coil for heat exchange, taps, valves, manifold and the list goes on and the cost adds up.
I got a 35l brewzilla last year and use the Burco for spare and haven't used the rest of the kit since and won't get rid but over the years I could have bought a few all in ones with change.
Don't get me wrong as the satisfaction returned is great and the beer I produced was great but is it worth it.
Just my thoughts.

Hi gerryjo, I get your point and definitely agree it goes deep into your pockets , and I have looked at better all in one systems, and too be fair the better ones are quite pricey, like you said it’s the satisfaction of the brew day that made me think of upscaling the system With better mash temp control and better efficiency all pointing to better beer , but we’ll have to wait and see wink... and I bet there will be plenty ofaheadbuttaheadbutt

Hi folles hope your all well , …Well after nearly a year , a house move to Devon and bloody covid the build is well under way , and was wondering if anyone tried making a keezer out of an American fridge

Attachments

• B0248CF9-8D7F-476B-BE27-84322F9AEF67.jpeg
    B0248CF9-8D7F-476B-BE27-84322F9AEF67.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 107B36C0-9244-46A5-AA1E-0658912956A7.jpeg
    107B36C0-9244-46A5-AA1E-0658912956A7.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 49
Hi folles hope your all well , …Well after nearly a year , a house move to Devon and bloody covid the build is well under way , and was wondering if anyone tried making a keezer out of an American fridge
That's just envious...
Cracker looking set up and I hope your beer is as good as your brew room looks.As for the American fridge,is it an actual American fridge which will be 120v and will require a step down transformer which you can get from Screwfix or an American style fridge of EU standard which will be 240v rating and neither should be an issue though make sure you have your keg dimensions for adequate spacing.

That's just envious...
Cracker looking set up and I hope your beer is as good as your brew room looks.As for the American fridge,is it an actual American fridge which will be 120v and will require a step down transformer which you can get from Screwfix or an American style fridge of EU standard which will be 240v rating and neither should be an issue though make sure you have your keg dimensions for adequate spacing.
Thanks took nearly a year in the making
The fridge is a 240v , I’ve already done my fermentation fridges but wanted to control an American style fridge for my kegs, bypassing the control panel on the door was my thinking

Latest posts

Back