The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malty

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the group and would like to say hi.
I'm currently in the process of setting up a corny keg with sodastream co2.
I was hoping someone could advise where I could buy large co2 bottles (to refill) which don't have ridiculous rental fees in the tyneside area. Thanks

Welcome to the forum. Best of luck. Sorry I am of no use to you as I bottle my beer. But there will be loads of excellent advice on its way very soon.

Welcome Malty. I only started brewing again 12 months or so ago. I'm currently using bottles and mini kegs with 16g co2 cartridges. I have some bits an bobs ready to maybe progress to soda stream bottles. But I've also looked at maybe skipping SS and going straight to a large CO2 bottle. Unfortunately, I likewise haven't found a favorable supplier yet, albeit in South Wales.
Hopefully someone will be along with knowledge of suppliers in Tyneside soon.
Happy brewing.
StoutWolf

Welcome Malty. I only started brewing again 12 months or so ago. I'm currently using bottles and mini kegs with 16g co2 cartridges. I have some bits an bobs ready to maybe progress to soda stream bottles. But I've also looked at maybe skipping SS and going straight to a large CO2 bottle. Unfortunately, I likewise haven't found a favorable supplier yet, albeit in South Wales.
Hopefully someone will be along with knowledge of suppliers in Tyneside soon.
Happy brewing.
StoutWolf
@StoutWolf I've found a Calor Gas supplier in Newport that also do pub gas and they'll deliver for £5. Worked out about £21 for a 6.5kg bottle with no rental charges.

@Malty try any local gas bottle suppliers they may diversify too.

Latest posts

Back