Next Kit?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McMahon31 said:
So seeing as my first brew is going well I am now looking forward to my next. Can anyone recommened anything?

You have to try the St peters kits! I'm doing a RRA at the moment and I am super impressed! I'm no expert and I'm sure other people will give you some other ideas. Good luck :cheers:

Depends what you like? Light summery beers, ales, darker ales or stouts? Give us some idea and we will offer advice ;) I really like all the Coopers kits though and the Beermakers Draught is excellent on its own or with dry hopping ;)

Have to say, none of the kits I've tried has been bad, even the budget mild kit I bought - actually that could be one of my favourites so far.

I agree regarding the St Peter's kits. Their Golden Ale was delicious (perfect for summer). I also am very impressed with my Brewferm Triple, and have read good things about their other kits on here - worth a shot if you like strong/interesting Belgian beers

I agree with froidy, it depends on what you like, I made a Black Rock IPA with malt enhancer which is going down nicely, although I added too much sugar in the keg.

I have also made the coopers wheat beer but only just bottled that after nearly 3 weeks fermenting (was a slow one).

I intend to try a golden ale next and am thinking of giving the festival ltd edition a go, pro going to visit the LHBS and see what I fancy, the guys in there keep pointing me towards the St. Peter's stuff so I'll compare prices and decide.

Read some of the reviews in he relevant section and make a decision if you don't have LHBS.

Happy brewing :hat:

my first kit was a caxton dark ale. it turned out to be a fantastic pint. ive just tried my coopers European heritage larger and its turned out sweet? mate had same problem with his larger. so id stick to ale :cheers: ive got v high hopes for my muntons dockland porter whitch im bottling on friday :party:

If you want a golden ale suitable for BBQ days and converting lager drinkers to the merits of homebrew ale then try Coopers Sparkling Ale. If its a darker ale for the winter, gotta try Brupak's Almondbury Old Ale and if you want something different, give one of Brewferm's Belgian ale kits a try - Tarwebier & Diablo have worked well for me.

I'm in a similar position having just bottled my latest batch yesterday.

Torn between a Woodforde Nofolk Nog or a Milestone Black Pearl next as I quite fancy brewing something suitable for the winter months.

I like my ales. But thinking I might be doing Lager for the Winter as it requires a lower fermentation temp (and I have no power out in the Garage/Brewery). I have been thinking of going with an IPA.

I was leaning towards the Nog so I may go and get one and aim to get it started in the next couple of weeks, however I also have a Brewmaker Old English Ale kit that looks interesting.

Hmmm decisions, decisions :cheers:

Latest posts

Back