Nitrous oxide: MP wants to see tightening of laughing gas laws

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got told straight that they won't touch my knees until I turn at least 60 as they need to be replaced. My left knee the patella has even started to turn to 1 side, but oddly it's my right knee that hurts most.... I also have a dodgy left wrist (which is possibly nerve damage in at least part) but the rheumatologist flat refused to do a thing with that because even though it clicks and goes an odd shape when I move my hand it apparently "moves freely"... lol So I'm stuck with just pain relive and trying to build up my quadriceps (which have become seriously weak) to try to give my knees more support (which is incredibly painful to do, as every single exercise to do this puts strain of some form on my knees... lol), taking vitamin D and pain blockers...... Middle age sucks eh?

Have you tried trigger point for your knees? I use it for my back to loosen up the muscles. I've also used it on my quads/calves when I've had knee pain from too much cycling. A tight muscle is a weak muscle and a weak muscle is a tight muscle. There's been times when I've thought I've done 'something' to my knees and it was just a case of tight muscles/trigger points/knots

Have you tried trigger point for your knees? I use it for my back to loosen up the muscles. I've also used it on my quads/calves when I've had knee pain from too much cycling. A tight muscle is a weak muscle and a weak muscle is a tight muscle. There's been times when I've thought I've done 'something' to my knees and it was just a case of tight muscles/trigger points/knots

My physio was useless to be honest bud. I could barely hear him as he mumbled a lot and I'm a bit deaf in my right ear (asked him a few times to speak up a bit), and when I did hear him he kept going on about putting turmeric in everything I eat and drink.... All that does though is act as a very very mild pain killer, and make everything taste of turmeric. lol Oh, and ask me really really stupid questions, like "what do you think is causing the pain in your knees?" so I explained to him carefully what osteo arthritis is (luckily turned out that it wasn't rheumatoid, I had some kind of odd infection back then that just made me hurt all over....). Oh, and he wanted me to take up cycling again, you can imagine my wife's response when I told her this (I know you read my post in the thread about the fire engine incident... lol).

So yeah, trying to exercise the muscles, take vit D and pain blockers. Kinda got harder when Covid arrived to be honest though, as got a nice letter from the council telling me I'm vulnerable. Didn't have to shield, but was on lock down before the rest of the country. lol Thank the gods for garden work and chopping wood for the barbecue we purchased recently... lol

Last decent physio I saw to be honest was when I first started high school.

My physio was useless to be honest bud. I could barely hear him as he mumbled a lot and I'm a bit deaf in my right ear (asked him a few times to speak up a bit), and when I did hear him he kept going on about putting turmeric in everything I eat and drink.... All that does though is act as a very very mild pain killer, and make everything taste of turmeric. lol Oh, and ask me really really stupid questions, like "what do you think is causing the pain in your knees?" so I explained to him carefully what osteo arthritis is (luckily turned out that it wasn't rheumatoid, I had some kind of odd infection back then that just made me hurt all over....). Oh, and he wanted me to take up cycling again, you can imagine my wife's response when I told her this (I know you read my post in the thread about the fire engine incident... lol).

So yeah, trying to exercise the muscles, take vit D and pain blockers. Kinda got harder when Covid arrived to be honest though, as got a nice letter from the council telling me I'm vulnerable. Didn't have to shield, but was on lock down before the rest of the country. lol Thank the gods for garden work and chopping wood for the barbecue we purchased recently... lol

Last decent physio I saw to be honest was when I first started high school.

I think like everything you get good uns and bad uns. Your physio sound ****. I sometimes go to a chiropractor for my back. He's REALLY good. I've been his patient off and on for years. I learned everything I know about trigger point from the internet and have never been to a physio. I have numerous 'tools' that I use to help me apply pressure on various (and sometimes inaccessible parts like shoulder blades) bits of me. Some of them look like torture implements and have funny names like 'back knobber' :laugh8:

Forgot to mention I also take Gabapentin for nerve damage related back pain.
11 prescription drugs a day including diabetes and blood pressure medication.
Sad thing is I am in so much pain it takes me over an hour to get to the local shop and back,Few years ago i could have done it in 5mins.Really,really old pensioners are overtaking me on the street.
Going downhill so fast i reckon by this time next year i will be in a wheelchair.

Even sadder is that at 63yrs and in my state of health the government still expects me to go out and do a hard days graft.
I struggle to even get my socks and trousers on of a morning.
Just moved to a bungalow as my previous flat had stairs i could no longer manage.

Interestingly re the diabetes and blood pressure i am not overweight (usual culprits) in fact i am as skinny as a rake.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back