Not enough malt

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andylynch9

Reaction score
Got brewing my Munich Helles last night. Went and checked my gravity for my first runnings and then with my sparge 1020 and then 1010!
Tasted it and it wasn’t sweet...
Weighed the wet grains .. 2kg .. it’s meant to be 4.1kg dry!!!
Think my custom order wasn’t made right. Double checked the contents and yup the should be at least 3.6kg of lager malt in there.
Should of checked the weight before I even started. That way I wouldn’t of wasted half an evening.
I’ve emailed the company and await the outcome.
Anyone else had a similar major fail?

Yep - first extract attempt - Boddies Clone. Banged in what i thought was 3kg of DME from two separate bags but it had been delivered in 2 orders and the second bag was only 0.5kg rather than 1.5kg. Didnt notice as second bag went in a hour into the boil after my brain had forgot how big the 1.5kg bag was. Only noticed when took gravity reading and took me ages to suss it out. Chucked in a random amount of silver spoon and ended up with a v dry beer (tgat Boddies recipe uses a bunch of sugar to start with). As with everything in this hobby learned me lesson - everything goes on scales now even when prepacked

Latest posts

Back