Nukatap bottle filler problems

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Libigage

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi, I have a nukatap bottle filler, I've had it gor a while but never used it. I tried using today, purged the bottle then started filling but it seems to be putting c02 in at the same time as beer. I'm just getting froth. As soon as I connect the gas I can feel/hear it coming out of the beer in and beer out port's. Any suggestions please

I’ve never had this problem, I find the spring on the purge button pretty strong and it closes easily. Only ever have a problem when I try to be too clever filling one handed and accidentally press the purge button while filling.

Sounds like you might have a faulty one?

I can't see a spring on my purge button. Can you send me a picture please

I must admit, I don't find it as easy to use as the video suggests. For example, the video mentiones only having to adjust the outlet valve(or whatever it is called) once, but I find I have to do it every time, otherwise when purging, the CO2 just comes straight out. Furthermore, it's a messier process than the video suggests. The cynic in me thinks that whatever liquid is used in the video is not carbonated, or at least, not to the extent most beer would be.
All that said, maybe I am not doing it properly.

I have the same issue with the pressure relief valve.. On the last go using it.. I lowered the pressure to about 5psi by opening up the prv on the keg and then have the inlet set to the same pressure so that nothing comes through into the bottle.. I then alter the pressure to the corny a tad until it flows into the bottles. This seemed to work the best so far.

I'm having to disconnect my gas to the nukatap once I have purged, otherwise it just continues to pump gas into the bottle whilst filling, so I just get foam.

I found it messy and difficult to control the first time I used mine.
After watching the video again, using a glass bottle that I chilled first and insured that the bottle is properly pushed on to the filler I haven't had any problems.

Hi, I have a nukatap bottle filler, I've had it gor a while but never used it. I tried using today, purged the bottle then started filling but it seems to be putting c02 in at the same time as beer. I'm just getting froth. As soon as I connect the gas I can feel/hear it coming out of the beer in and beer out port's. Any suggestions please
I have a Tapcooler that is basically the same as the nukatap filler, and I also had this issue.

The problem I found was that the co2 button wasn’t fully screwed in. If you look underneath the filler and remove the silicone seal you’ll see a screw - that needs to be fully screwed in.

Personally I find the system really easy to use:
- Don’t reduce keg pressure.
- Before you fill a bottle screw the PRV in on the filler, then pressurise the bottle to the same as the keg
- Unscrew the PRV until you start getting a hiss.
- Open the tap so beer starts to flow.
- You can unscrew the PRV more if you want it to fill faster, but the faster you go the more foam you get.

Latest posts

Back