Recommendations for the best counter pressure bottle filler please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I do press the red button just before releasing to ensure that you get CO2 coming from the neck when it's released and prevent air being dragged in. Probably a belt and braces measure to try to prevent any air getting into the neck. Not a major problem as it's all contained with a handful of kitchen towel.

Think we're saying its neither a faff nor a mess. Well not so much of a mess that a handful of kitchen towel can handle. Think the discussion is centring around the pros and cons of the very cheap options and the more expensive and better engineered solutions.

Benefit for me is if you primarily keg then you want to pull off a few bottles occasionally so counterflow bottle fillers do just that.

Benefit for me is if you primarily keg then you want to pull off a few bottles occasionally so counterflow bottle fillers do just that.
That I get. But for bottling, I don't see cheap options or NO mess. "A few Kitchen towels
" is not anything I do for currently or intend to start. My party tap doesn't even dip 🤣🤣

I use this, a cheap filler from AliExpress

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-18 121809.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-07-18 121809.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 0
I picked up one of these recently.
https://brewkegtap.co.uk/products/intertap-ball-lock-spout?_pos=5&_sid=e12436f82&_ss=r
I also added a manifold to the gas side that has an extra port.
This makes it dead easy to plug in the filler without connecting/disconnecting lots of bits like I did before.
Just make sure that you don't remove the washer when you take the spout off the tap.
If you do this by accident you'll get a lot of leaking around the ball lock spout when screwed on and you try to use the filler.

Latest posts

Back