Nukatap dripping/leaking

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonkeyMick

Reaction score
Hey..

I've set up a new BrewFridge, using inkbird and a tube heater, and my first batch of cervesa is almost ready to fire into a Corny..

My Nukatap, last time it was used dripped/leaked into the old fridge. Checking it, I found it doesn't close fully, and have to shut the flow control valve or remove the tap from the keg to stop the drip/leak.

I've stripped the tap down, and not found a spring that I'd imagine should be in place to automatically close the tap/ensure no leaks or drips.

Am I right in thinking there should be an internal spring, and if so - are they available for purchase at all!

I'm also looking at fitting the tap to the fridge door - can I change just the shank to do this, or do I need a full new tap?

Many thanks!

As an fyi, springs are an option rather than requirement. There shouldn't be any leaks from the tap whether you have a spring or not. I had the same issue where the tap leaked from the collar that joined it to the shank. Still not 100%sure how I fixed it.
Another one leake from the tap istelf as I hadn't tightened the bit the handle goes in to sufficiently.

Cheers all! Good to know it's not just me, and that it's solvable without the spring!

What pressure are you running on the beer line to the tap? It is sometimes found that having low line pressure can cause taps to drip/leak

Sorry for the late reply! I force carb around 30psi, then turn it down to around 12 for serving...

Well, as an update...

I stripped the tap down, fitted a closing spring and then fitted to my serve-a-beer-a-fridge, and have had no leaks since..

I suspect the issue may have been because it was attached direct to a disconnect on the keg somehow..

Thanks for the various answers and advice!

I had the same issue where the tap leaked from the collar that joined it to the shank. Still not 100%sure how I fixed it.
I have this right now. Started last night just as I put a new keg in. I've tightened the collar but it's still happening so something isn't right. Going to take it apart & reassemble and hopefully that sorts it.

I have this right now. Started last night just as I put a new keg in. I've tightened the collar but it's still happening so something isn't right. Going to take it apart & reassemble and hopefully that sorts it.
You have to wiggle it whilst tightening up.

You have to wiggle it whilst tightening up.
Literally just finished having a go at it. I think that's exactly what it was. Wiggle it up so it sits in the sealing before you tighten it up. Even though it was tight I believe it wasn't sitting correctly.
Also found a broken washer (friction washer I think?) in my brand-new tap. Don't think it will cause a leak unless it damages the washers either side.
PXL_20230305_114634363.jpg

Mine were split too, causing sticking. These red washers exactly the ones crapland quote they last a lifetime...

I have two nukataps. One with flow control, the other without. I have a nitro spout attachment. It leaks with the non flow control tap. Any ideas? I have tried vaseline and plumbers tape but it still leaks.

I have two nukataps. One with flow control, the other without. I have a nitro spout attachment. It leaks with the non flow control tap. Any ideas? I have tried vaseline and plumbers tape but it still leaks.
Where is it leaking exactly?

Latest posts

Back