Old Brewer, new member!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjfromdevon

Reaction score
Hi, found this site by accident when browsing for reviews on a Festival golden stag kit - My son bought me this and a Festival pilgims choice for Christmas. I live in North Devon and have been brewing from beer kits for about 4 years now. Like most people I did try brewing about 30 years ago when the only kits you get were the ones from Boots - used to make that and put in screw top pepsi bottles!Pretty grim.

I started making wine about 8 years ago - kits and scratch, but then got into beer again - the quality of kits available now is fantatstic. Currently drinking A Yorkshire bitter kit from a bag , as well as a Woodfordes Admiral Ale kit which is one of the nicest beers I have ever had, I've also got a keg of Blueberry cider on the go as my wife is Coeliac and can't drink ordinary beer, although I have purchased couple of gluten free beer kits and made these for her, the best one was called BOSC i think.

Generally i keg most of my beer, I've got a couple of Top feed Roto kegs and a King Keg and today I bought a 16 quid bottom feed keg from Wilkos - so we'll see how that goes. I would like to brew from scratch but don't have the room. next brew will be a Brewferm Tarweiber beer that Mother In Law bought me for Christmas. I made one of these about 12 months ago and it is the best lager kit kit I have ever drunk - this wil be bottled.

I am lucky in that me local homebrew sore is one of the best I have ever come across - he makes brews and that lets customers have a sample - a great way to see what a prospective purchase may taste like!

Cheers and Good Health

TJ

Back