Opened 3 bottles during carbonation just for taste test?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobR

Reaction score
Can my 3 bottles that i opened during carbonation i just had a sip of them then put the lid back on can i still drink these if chilled just finished the batch and got these 3 bottles an really could do with a few more beers 🤣

My question for you: why did you just sip them and put the top back on? Most folks take their analysis of mid-carbonation beers seriously and drink the whole bottle!

Seriously, you can still drink them, but there's a chance you have decreased their quality somewhat by a) introducing oxygen, b) releasing carbonation pressure. Both flaws will likely detract from the quality of the beer. However, they may still be drinkable, we have no idea how much you primed these bottles and what your sanitation regime was, so it's hard to say.

Just opened 1 still drinkable but like you say the quality is a bit of a difference but not much i just sipped them to taste how it was coming on

Got another batch in bottles at the moment but in glass bottles with caps so i cant mess with them till they are ready and i used 2 carb drops per 500ml in the last drop turned out ok even though it was only in the primary for 5 days was the st peters red ale intructions said 4-6 days then carbonated for 2 weeks turned out clear and really nice carbonation just opened another 1 of those bottles and it made a hiss noise and plenty of smoke came out just the taste is slightly different then the other 37 bottles but not much ill let u know if i have a hang over 2moz haha

And i used sodium percabonate with the 1st batch i read alot of bad things afterwards but they turned out ok this time i used the myo santitizer from the range when i opened the fermenter to bottle i could smell the citrous from the dry hops it smelt really nice it was the range american ipa didnt taste nice (warm flat beer) got around 4 weeks before i can try them

And i used sodium percabonate with the 1st batch i read alot of bad things afterwards but they turned out ok this time i used the myo santitizer from the range when i opened the fermenter to bottle i could smell the citrous from the dry hops it smelt really nice it was the range american ipa didnt taste nice (warm flat beer) got around 4 weeks before i can try them
Do you mean you used Sodium Percarbonate to sterilise the bottles ?
How did you use this myo sanitiser?
Isn't the recommendation one carb drop per 500ml? If so why did you go for two?

Do you mean you used Sodium Percarbonate to sterilise the bottles ?
How did you use this myo sanitiser?
Isn't the recommendation one carb drop per 500ml? If so why did you go for two?
Ive seen 2 carb drops per 500ml so just went with that it turned out good i just used 1 heaped teaspoon per 500ml on the bottles ive got conditioning now just debating on ordering the evil dog a bottle tree and rinser and some chemsan is it the same as starsan

Ive seen 2 carb drops per 500ml so just went with that it turned out good i just used 1 heaped teaspoon per 500ml on the bottles ive got conditioning now just debating on ordering the evil dog a bottle tree and rinser and some chemsan is it the same as starsan
The myo sanitizer i used as instructed then gave a rinse as it stated because its chlorine based

The pic doesnt give it justice with the tested bottles but tastes ok st peters ruby red

Attachments

• 16201746985881994909703571925070.jpg
    16201746985881994909703571925070.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 44
Have u any idea how chemsan is as a sanitizer supposed to be starsan alternative
Have u any idea how chemsan is as a sanitizer supposed to be starsan alternative
These have been carbonating since the 29th april seem to be clearing up already but far from ready yet

Attachments

• 16201756611962458683634527408603.jpg
    16201756611962458683634527408603.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 52
Nice colour i use clear glass ones also. It is easier to see the fill. I put swingtops on mine and re use till the rubber seal gives out.

Latest posts

Back