out of stock coopers startup kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattybabsy

Regular.
Reaction score
hi guys

I'm itching to start some brewing. I'm gonna start with a couple of kits- problem is the 3 main sites I've looked at are all out of stock.

I've looked at
brewuk
www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk
brewsmarter.co.uk

any suggestions of other sites that might have them stocked?

thanks

Matthew

Check out Colchester Home Brew, Andy has a good stock of kits and a reasonable price for deliveries. I get most of my stuff from him, and lots of advice. :)

hi , i've got woofordes micro brewery but if u want we can change the kit for a coopers and sort a price diff. Go to our site http://stores.ebay.co.uk/KEG-9-Homebrews , you can call me on 07763358731 paul

mattybabsy said:
hi guys

I'm itching to start some brewing. I'm gonna start with a couple of kits- problem is the 3 main sites I've looked at are all out of stock.

I've looked at
brewuk

http://www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk
brewsmarter.co.uk

any suggestions of other sites that might have them stocked?

thanks

Matthew

thanks for the advice guys.

So brew uk have the kits available again- might wait a couple of hours thought cos brewsmarter has oxbar bottles in their kits

anyways, basically I'm going in with 5 other friends- so trying to get 3 fvs going together. Here's what my shopping basket looks like atm:

2 coopers start up kits- one with cooper stout, one wit Australian lager
The trapist tripple kit
extra 25l fermenter
24 pet bottles
carbonation drops
caps (100s)
barrel brush
counter top capper

(the idea is to have the 1st 3 kits in pet bottles. After that I should have enough magners etc bottles saved and then I'll already have the means to cap them)

so I have a few quesions:
-have I forgotten anything?
-is the belgian kit too much for first time brewers
-are my 2 coopers selections worthwhile?
-should I get any extra goodies to add to my coopers kits (diff yeasts, xtra hops for tea)
-is a barrel brush good for cleaning bottles (could be a stupid question given the name!)

What are your thoughts/suggestions?

thanks for your time

Matthew

I would always recommend your local Home brew Shop (LHBS) they need all the support you can get plus you can actually see what it is you are buying properly, can be very useful.. my local one is cheaper than the online places too!!

Latest posts

Back