outside

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burpee

Reaction score
i want to put my beer in the cold but not got shed, do you think it be ok to put outside in blackbag to keep light out

I do this if I occasionally buy a 24 pack of supermarket beer over Christmas: just check the weather forecast to ensure that you don't end up with frozen beer! :evil:

I stretched a large black bin liner over a carboard box to make a water proof(ish) blacked out box. I placed this box over the beer barrel. This keeps out the light out of the beer, stops the sunlight directly heating the pressure barrel and means that people walking past my front garden don't see a tempting barrel of beer to help themselves from. I had to weigh it down with rocks though - it kept blowing away.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/img3092u.jpg/

I made a small hole in the top of the cardboard box that the pressure nozel pokes through. You can't see the hole beacuse it's covered by the binbag. This keeps the box centred over the barrel and stops it wobbling about (and allows the sides of the black bin bag placed over the box to hang down over the edge to completely cover the tap and bottom of the barrel). It seems to work fine for me. Although i did have to anchor it down during the recent gails.

placed bottles outside yesterday morning in black bags, checked them this morning and they appear to have gone very cloudy, is this normal

Do they go cloudy if they are put in the fridge? If they do then it could be a chill haze, but are you sure you haven't just disturbed the sediment?

Latest posts

Back