Oxebar kegs not holding pressure.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone else having issues getting the oxebar kegs with three way heads to hold pressure. I have 3 and I'm having a nightmare so much so that corny number 3 might be in order.
I've tried loose caps, tight caps still losing co2 when hooked up.
Well annoying.

How much pressure are you putting on them? I bought two off BKT and appear ok on my first time of using them on Friday (which is of no use I appreciate).

Where is your leak coming from? Any photos of them attached?

Have you got any of the other Kegland fittings? I just had a root around the box of the impulse AliExpress sale bits I got to see if I could be of any help, if you had one of their carb cap t pieces, you could check which one is guff.

I was really excited about these to hit the UK market, so feel for you here. Even tried to have a stalk on your profile to see where you're from the see how else to help 😂

Thanks. I've got another prv cap from my hop bong but same thing. The one I have is holding fine now. The problem with 5 screw fittings is there are too many variables.
Will have another go when I can be arsed but corny replacements they do not seem to be.

I would agree, but at the price point and the portability of them, was worth a go.

What I was going to say, pressure it all up and stick it underwater. Any leak will be quite evident.

Did you find your leak?
Tempted to try these for my first go at kegging but am I better off just going with tried and tested corney kegs?
I’m near Southampton does anyone in the area use brew gas? If so where do you get it from?
Thanks

Did you find your leak?
Tempted to try these for my first go at kegging but am I better off just going with tried and tested corney kegs?
I’m near Southampton does anyone in the area use brew gas? If so where do you get it from?
Thanks
Nope gave up and got a third corny
Probably OK for taking to parties or putting what is left from a 23l batch so I'm glad I got one as they will be used, but not a replacement for cornys.

I get my gas from pyramid metalworks in Aldershot rent free gas. Outlay a bit high but did my second bottle last week £23 for 3 odd kilo

Thanks I’m not going to bother with Oxebars.
Aldershot is a bit of a trek for gas how much did it cost for the cylinder?
Patio center or something like that in Andover, they're apparently fill anything with co2. I heard.

Express weld care ltd, is an Adams gas stockist in Southampton.(same as the Aldershot one mentioned above)
But the prices mentioned by @Jiffy176 not up to date.

Last edited:
I have emailed Brewgas in cadnam a few times, they never responded.

Probably they don't want to do business with you.
Adam's gas is pretty good, and if you have to move home, you can find a stockist elsewhere.
I have 2 bottles from them, took out the second one while we had a shortage of CO2 without any problems.

Latest posts

Back