Pandemic deliveries just not cutting it.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered another keg (this afternoon) and an inline sediment filter from Malt Miller and I have had an email saying that delivery will be this Friday (26th) via DPD, this is fantastic service imo and:hat:to them for keeping us stocked up.

Had a load of trouble checking out at thehomebrewcompany. It's seems they've gone to Paypal only. After two days of frustration I finally deleted/removed everything I had ever had to do with Paypal and started again. This time it worked. I've got no issues with THBC, but Paypal is an organisation I'd prefer not to have to deal with. If GEB had stocked Simpson's, it would have been a no-brainer.
Having said that. My order (of 19 items) was marked as "dispatched" within an hour of placing it. So it's swings and roundabouts and fair does to Shane and his staff. MM and BrewUk seem not to be rising to the mark.

Last edited:
DPD are great for us. Sadly I didn't take up the DPD offer from love brewing when I ordered on Sunday. Royal mail 24 hours seemed fast enough for my no rinse sanitiser to arrive, but it's hard for them to deliver it when it hasn't been dispatched yet.

I ordered from home brew online a few weeks ago and it came in no time at all.

Worst thing was, I could've got it from amazon prime for a few quid more.

DPD are ok, by and large. DPD Ireland are an entirely different kettle of fish.

They where pretty quick with my last order from the home brew company (Ireland), iirc it arrived on a Saturday and only took 2 days. The previous order took over a week but that was at the worst possible time and they where very quick to respond to emails (about 20 minutes). One gripe, they supplied me with a tracking number when I got onto them, it would be nice to get a tracking number automatically with the "dispatched" email.

Had a load of trouble checking out at thehomebrewcompany. It's seems they've gone to Paypal only. After two days of frustration I finally deleted/removed everything I had ever had to do with Paypal and started again. This time it worked. I've got no issues with THBC, but Paypal is an organisation I'd prefer not to have to deal with. If GEB had stocked Simpson's, it would have been a no-brainer.
Having said that. My order (of 19 items) was marked as "dispatched" within an hour of placing it. So it's swings and roundabouts and fair does to Shane and his staff. MM and BrewUk seem not to be rising to the mark.
Ordered from the MM three times during lockdown one at the very start 4 days but that was down to DPD as I followed the tracking. The other orders one arrived in 48 hours the other 24 hours. I spoke to them on the phone to amend the last order and they told me they are still trying to keep their order by midday and it will be with you the next day policy and it is working on the vast majority of orders.

Ordered from the MM three times during lockdown one at the very start 4 days but that was down to DPD as I followed the tracking. The other orders one arrived in 48 hours the other 24 hours. I spoke to them on the phone to amend the last order and they told me they are still trying to keep their order by midday and it will be with you the next day policy and it is working on the vast majority of orders.
That's good to know, but last time I looked (recently) they were not accepting orders that contain malt!!!

Glad to hear it. That was not the case on Monday, however, although I see things are back to normal today. Not to worry. I got my order in with THBC and it was dispatched in double-quick time. Looking forward to trying Simpsons Golden Naked Oats- an oat crystal malt. Anybody used it?

I’ve noticed a vast improvement over the last week or so. The Home Brew via eBay is going well. I’ve just had a big delivery of wine kits from Brewbitz and general non brew related items are now coming in quite well. The 48hr deliveries are still taking about 4 days but meh I can cope. I guess now people are slowly merging from their holes that there is less demand on the system.

I just got 2 deliverys cml 3 days geb 5 days 1 parcel farce and 1 dpd Ireland both arrived intact, what iritates me is these delivery drivers know you paid good hard earned cash and some not all dont give a **** its all about getting the job done

Latest posts

Back