Perfect way to keep price per pint down.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a few people who do/did take part in down hill mountain biking. They are all good guys but I did get the impression it could be a bit cliquey.

This forum is definitely very supportive. I’ve had a run in or 2 with rude people who think they are God’s Gift to brewing on a few brewing FB groups and that kind of thing would never happen here (unless you venture into The Bridge sub-forum).
Yeah unfortunately cliquey and often harsh on newcomers and people that don't have premium kit in every respect. I still love mountain biking, but don't engage with the forums. Shame but there we go.

Happens everywhere...I've even had people being arsey on the bank when fishing...
I was fly fishing one day and catching a few,the chap next to me was struggling and asked me what fly I was using etc. So I took time out,went over had a look at his set up,adjusted his leader and gave him a couple of flies and a bit of instruction on how to fish them....after a few casts he was into a fish and thanked me...his mate a few pegs down did a running ****-take,not in a funny way either,directed at me throughout...until I asked him had he always been an arsehole...and if he wanted a fly off me to try he was very welcome..
Hard to imagine how people could find an opportunity to be uptight while fishing! Good on you for sharing some skills✌️

Gear snobbery is a thing in many hobbies I've found, I do a lot of hillwalking and have seen people slagging of others for wearing different/cheaper brands etc. Also play guitar to a decent level but there is some really odd gear snobbery around that too

Gear snobbery is a thing in many hobbies I've found, I do a lot of hillwalking and have seen people slagging of others for wearing different/cheaper brands etc. Also play guitar to a decent level but there is some really odd gear snobbery around that too
It's a weird old world eh! I'm always dead impressed when people achieve cool stuff with average kit.

I returned to the carp fishing the back end of last year..my gear,although it was the best 15 or so years ago it's now a bit dated,retro and collectable!
I had a few comments about it mostly about how it was nice to see it being used....it still done me proud!
I am in the market for a few "bits and bobs" though....
New set of rods,lighter bedchair,lighter bivvy etc....

Appreciate your thoughts on this, if you don't mind could you post a relevant link to the corny system stuff please. I'm keen to make sure I'm not buying the wrong things. Thanks again for your help.
There are several online homebrew suppliers. Here's one of them.
https://www.thehomebrewcompany.co.uk/beer-wine-equipment-cornelius-keg-systems-c-2_25.htmlAnd these people are forum sponsors so may be able to help you.
https://kegthat.com/collections/cornelius-kegsYou need someone who own s one of these systems to advise you on the best setup.
Although if you search the forum I am sure there will be lots of info.

back to the topic - I am not worried about the cost of a pint of homebrew but out of interest my costs for a typical 40 pint SMASH are grain £10 hops £7 yeast £1 = 45 p a pint. I spend the £3.25 "savings" on top end beers such as Thornbridge Crackendale, Hawkshead Windemere Pale, First and Last Amarillo Pale ale.............

I’ve had a run in or 2 with rude people who think they are God’s Gift to brewing on a few brewing FB groups and that kind of thing would never happen here
I've had the same on other forums and on occasion this one actually (it's not so common now but there are still the occasional "my way is the only right way" type comment). I don't understand why some people get so worked up over a hobby, and even if you disagree there's never a need to be rude or arrogant about it.

Quick question on keg use. Obviously carbonation level will be lower, would it be sufficient to get a lightly carbonated IPA style beer without it tasting too flat?
It certainly would as its you that is in control of the gas and like any other system might take a few trys to get it spot on. What you can do is to dummy run with water which will give you an indication of the style your after.
Your probably looking around 6 to 8 psi.

Totally understand this, we bought an old farmhouse 4 years ago and have been doing it up ever since. I'm not a builder, sparky, plumber or decorator, but there is nothing I haven't managed to do yet!
None of it is rocket science (not insulting trades people btw), but it just takes a skilled amateur maybe 4 times as long to do a proper job. That's the difference, a tradesman can make a living doing this stuff, I'd go broke very quickly at the speed I work!
There's a basic way of working methods that apply to most things called trying as you'll never know till you try and if you fail try again and you must be able to think outside the box to see it from a different perspective.
I know people who can only do what they have been taught and don't stray whereas others given the scenario are already visualising some other possible solution in their head.
Personally I will tackle anything as will many others and not for the satisfaction of saving money which is always a bonus but the sheer reward of satisfaction knowing that I done that now what else can I do to make it better or move on to something else whether it's the garden, painting, plumbing, electrical or always giving advice to others as they know you'll tell them the best way possible or point them in the right direction but you got to admit that the added bonus is you find that the tools you gather over the years starts mounting up which ain't a bad thing come Christmas, birthdays, fathers day and any other time the missus asks you to do something else👍

I know a few people who do/did take part in down hill mountain biking. They are all good guys but I did get the impression it could be a bit cliquey.

This forum is definitely very supportive. I’ve had a run in or 2 with rude people who think they are God’s Gift to brewing on a few brewing FB groups and that kind of thing would never happen here (unless you venture into The Bridge sub-forum).
When I first joined the forum I was reluctant thinking it was going to be like every other bitchfest and then someone made a comment about my tapatalk signature from my phone which was ALE-L21 which is a P8 lite Huawei model but I thought they were being a smart ass because I couldn't see the connection but had to apologise when I realised it was a compliment.
There is a wealth of information and knowledge from all walks of life all eager to share and learn from others helping each other along the way and in some threads it can get heated but the Moderators are on the ball and keep it well as they have a **** load to monitor so as we can lurk and surf in peace and they do deserve a massive thank you every now and again just to keep them sweet 😉

If its not broken then don't fix it. I can't be arsed with people who have to keep up with the Joneses cause they know only one thing. People are individuals of which some are good and others well that's up to them but don't you go changing your curry recipe @Clint

I've had the same on other forums and on occasion this one actually (it's not so common now but there are still the occasional "my way is the only right way" type comment). I don't understand why some people get so worked up over a hobby, and even if you disagree there's never a need to be rude or arrogant about it.
I call them W@;(~|s

It certainly would as its you that is in control of the gas and like any other system might take a few trys to get it spot on. What you can do is to dummy run with water which will give you an indication of the style your after.
Your probably looking around 6 to 8 psi.
Righto, that's well worth a go. Cheers chap.

I returned to the carp fishing the back end of last year..my gear,although it was the best 15 or so years ago it's now a bit dated,retro and collectable!
I had a few comments about it mostly about how it was nice to see it being used....it still done me proud!
I am in the market for a few "bits and bobs" though....
New set of rods,lighter bedchair,lighter bivvy etc....
I love a bit of fishing my self it's all down to experience and info if u ask me I go spinning off the rocks with a mate that has every lure known to man best of rods n reels I have budget gear that I got for half nothing I use 5 euro spinners and out fish him 90% of the time cracks him up lol

Back