Pimped Pressure Barrel

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stesmi

Regular.
Reaction score
Thought I'd post a wee pic of my pimped Young's pressure barrel. Wooden effect paint with a few extras. A tire valve for keeping track of the pressure and an extra co2 inlet for my co2 tank (coz I don't have an s30). I use this for dispensing only, as I usually prime my brew. I also put an elastic band around the pressure release valve increasing the pressure to 15psi before it whistles (5 more than recommended, but this gives me a slightly more carbed beverage especially after cold crashing and no problems so far :sick:)

Would love to see other pimped equipment :shock:

image.jpg

Ha! That's great :)

Mine is almost empty (which is good going when I only started drinking it just before Christmas ;) ) - might have to do something similar :-)

Very impressive Stesmi. I've got a number of barrels I'd like to do similar things to.

I was wondering what fittings you used on the additional CO2 injection?
I notice you have what looks like a compression fitting on the tap too? Are these standard 15mm plumbing fittings?

Hey sg1009

For co2 injection from a normal co2 bottle and reg, I used 15mm compression fittings stepped down to 10mm to fit my tubing. I use 10mm pipe inserts in my tubing to fit the compression fittings. In the pic you can see I drilled a hole in the PB and attached a 15mm tank connector with a washer and connected that to a normal 15mm service valve (so I can detach my co2 tank if needed) then there's the 15-10mm straight connector. All holds way more pressure than the pressure valves pressure release valve.
The compression on the tap was to add a bottle filler, again with 15mm fittings.
In all, way cheaper than using the s30 for dispensing.:-D

Cheers

----------------------------------------------------

FV - nowt
PB - Coopers Lager, Carapils, BrewFerm lager yeast conditioning
Bottles - dry cider
Bottles - sweet cider
Bottles - Mashed hallertauer fragranced pilsner

image.jpg

I follow you. I had to read it a couple of times but understood. I'm still pondering on using an S30 valve connection or an additional connection more like what you have but hopefully in JG push fit.

Scouring all the posts I can find for the best solution. I'm finding all options seemingly expensive though.

Back