Pimping my Mangrove Jacks witbier kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CraftyBeard

Reaction score
Hey First time poster,

I've been brewing for a while (about 6 brews) and jumped straight in with all grain, but since my brew days have been getting long and chilling my wort has been a worry for infection with just a bathtub/no chill cube on offer. I've decixed to do a few partial mashes and some highly recommended extract kits (i.e. cwtch) in between my all grain brew days to keep swmbo happy. So I have constructed a partial mash recipe for the new Belgian witbier from mangrove jacks to use instead of the malt enhancer and since I've never mashed unmalted grains before thought it could be a good learning experience.

Recipe
1 kg pilsner malt
1kg flaked wheat
500g flaked oats

7.5 litre Mash at 66C for 60 mins
Batch sparge in 5 litre cool water
Boil 60 mins
5 min addition 15g coriander seeds and 30g bitter orange peel.

After the boil add to mangrove jacks wheat/barley hopped lme 2.2kg and make up to 23L with cold water.

Does this recipe seem ok? And would I need to do a mash in at low temperature/protein sit before I do the 60 min mash at 66C. I use biab and don't like to heat my kettle when the bag is in so I don't scorch it?

Any thoughts and recommendations are welcome.

Disappointing that you didn't get any feedback on this..... Still, did you do it and if so, how did it turn out?

Latest posts

Back